Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #1
Osvit

Angry Asus mb168b+ works, but only partially in full HD

I have a strange issue with my Lenovo Thinkpad T440s and Asus mb168b+ external monitor in windows 8.1 x64. It works perfectly in any resolution up to the native full hd. In the full hd it also works until I move some more involved window on the screen. in this case it goes black immediately. If I wait some time and do not move the mouse, it sometimes lights again. But when I move the mouse, it goes dark again. It does not look like it disconnects from the usb, since I do not hear the windows sound for this event. It looks more like it needs a lot of time to process the picture.
What I tried: installed the newest driver from Displaylink , newest driver for Intel HD, disabling discrete Nvidia Card in Control Panel (I have Nvidia Optimus in the laptop, no possibility to disable it through Bios).
I've lost a whole day on it, but still no success.
What else can I try? Would powered USB hub help? Shorter usb cables? Any other ideas? Need your help!
Osvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

I'd definitely recommend trying an external mains powered USB hub. Also if this came with a USB 'Y' cable please try connecting both ends of that to separate USB ports on your PC / usb hub.

You can rule out Optimus by disabling the Nvidia card in Device Manager.

Some further items to try can be found here:
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...from-repeatedl

James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
Osvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

I'd definitely recommend trying an external mains powered USB hub. Also if this came with a USB 'Y' cable please try connecting both ends of that to separate USB ports on your PC / usb hub.

James
Yes, I have tried disabling Nvidia in Device Manager, it did not help. I have also tried everything in the link you posted besides y-cable and powered usb hub. Though in my case I do not have device disconnect and reconnect chime, would it be still possible that I have a power related issue? I will try to find a Y-cable first.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
Osvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

James
I have tried disabling Optimus in Device manager, it did not help. I also tried everything from the link you posted besides y-cable and powered hub. I will try to find a y-cable as a next step.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
Osvit

Angry

I have bought the Y-cable and tried it. No success. I have also tried to connect one of the usb ends into 5V adapter, no change. I think it is not a power problem. Looks more like it is a faulty hardware or some software conflict. Here is my data gathered using your tool, could you please look into it? May be it helps to identify the problem?
Attached Files
File Type: zip T440S_20150622_191927.zip (6.95 MB, 3 views)
Old 06-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #6
Osvit

Update: Just tried it on an older laptop with Windows XP, works with the latest driver from displaylink without any problem. I am not sure if the laptop has usb 3.0, may be 2.0 only. So I guess it is not a hardware problem, rather some software incompatibility ... do not know what else to try.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
Kubam

Hi Osvit,
can I ask you to:
1. set value LargeScreenBoostCapable to "false" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DisplayLink\Core\ in Windows Registry
2. Reboot computer
3. Check if issue still exists

Please let me know about the results.

BR,
Kuba
Kubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #8
Osvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Hi Osvit,
can I ask you to:
1. set value LargeScreenBoostCapable to "false" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DisplayLink\Core\ in Windows Registry
2. Reboot computer
3. Check if issue still exists

Please let me know about the results.

BR,
Kuba
Hello Kuba,
I have changed "1" to false. Rebooted. Unfortunately, no change. Something else I can try?
Old 07-07-2015, 03:29 PM   #9
Osvit

Update. Since I could not get Asus working, I bought Lenovo Thinkvision lt1423p. Though it is also based on displaylink technology, it works without any problem on my system. I also tried the Asus on the different Win 8.1 system and it had the same problem. It looks like there is a general problem with this display in Win 8.1. Or I have a faulty hardware, which nevertheless works in Win xp.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:53 AM   #10
alexjaeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osvit View Post
Hello Kuba,
I have changed "1" to false. Rebooted. Unfortunately, no change. Something else I can try?
I have Changed "1" to "0" and after that it works for me
alexjaeg is offline   Reply With Quote