Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
GM_Alex

Default Hybrid Graphic Card

Hi,

I buy the software for my Sony VPCZ13C5E laptop with a hybrid graphic card, but on this system the software doesn't works. After a connection I only get a black screen on both devices (laptop and ipad). On my desktop pc the software works fine. Will there be a fix for hybrid graphic cards?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

Please download the Windows DisplayLink debug tool from this website, then gather the system information and upload the zip file to this thread. I would need to know what type of Hybrid card you're using.

Regards
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
GM_Alex

Hi,

I attached the zip file but without the memory dump, because of the size.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110113_213406.zip (1.18 MB, 7 views)
Old 01-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
GM_Alex

Hi,

are there any news about this issue?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
Pawel

Lightbulb

This card should work, although it may work with some issues. You should not have a black screen though.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
jst

Default Same problem here

I also have the same problem with my Sony Vaio VPCZ13. iPad screen is blank and computer screen either is also blank or flicker all the time. It looks like it depends on what graphic card is being active. When the Intel card is active Sony Vaio screen is blank. And when Geforce card is active, constant flickering.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Pawel

Lightbulb

Your problem seems to be different then the one described in this post. I think the issue here lies in having multiple graphics cards. Mulitiple graphics card environment is not supported by DisplayLink (more info)

Regards
Old 02-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
jst

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Your problem seems to be different then the one described in this post. I think the issue here lies in having multiple graphics cards. Mulitiple graphics card environment is not supported by DisplayLink (more info)

Regards
No it's the same issue, I have the same model as GM_Alex. I have tested it on two different Sony Vaio Z13 (VPCZ13C5E ) now and it's the same behaviour as he described it. Laptop screen go black when you connect your iPad to your laptop with displaylink software. Even if you disconnect your ipad the laptop screen stays off. Computer needs to be rebooted to fix the problems with the screen

Sony Vaio Z13 is equipped with hybrid(dual) graphic card: NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 330M GPU + IntelŽ HD Graphics.

In that link you posted to your knowledge base it states that:
Quote:
The following GPU configurations may exhibit compatibility issues on Windows 7 and Vista in certain circumstances:

Switchable Graphics (ATI/Intel)
Switchable Graphics (ATI/ATI)
Switchable Graphics (NVIDIA/Intel)
NVIDIA SLI in SLI mode
So your software seams not to work at all on this series of laptops from Sony equipped with NVIDIA/Intel hybrid grapics card.

So, any plans to fix this issue?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Pawel

Lightbulb

The bug has been raised so we will be definitely working on the fix, however it's difficult to state at this stage when the fix will be available.

Thanks for raising this issue guys.

Regards