Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 2.0 release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
unusedusername

Default Did not fix issue of bad looking text, buttons in wrong places...

Hi,

So I've been having issues with the 1.8 release with firefox's UI buttons being drawn in a different place then the click point, and also anti-aliasing nastyness in the text.

The mouse needs to be a few centimeters to the right of the actual UI button's location for the click to register, and my text looks like this:

The 2.0alpha release 2 did not fix either of these issues.

I have a BVU195 device connected to a Dell 1907FP via a DVI connection. If I connect the mac (late 2011 MBP, MacOS 10.8.2) to the monitor directly then these issues go away, however then I can only drive one monitor.

I have 2x BVU195 devices and 2 identical Dell 1907FPs running.

They are running at their default resolution of 1280x1024. The issue still happens if I drive them at any of the other listed resolutions (1152x864,1024x768,800x600).

This is with the latest firefox 18.

The same UI issues happen with Apple's iMessage application and some other programs I use on a frequent basis.

I have uploaded the data collected from the new profiling tool.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (204.6 KB, 631 views)

Last edited by unusedusername; 01-24-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

This is possibly an OS or Firefox issue, but we'll check and see if it could be caused by our driver.

Thanks

Wim
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
phlakvest

Default More info and the same issue

I am having the same issue(s) and have had the problem in 1.8 as well.

In windows applications through parallels the display cuts off the right side of some windows(See attached picture) And the mouse click registers about 10-15 pixels to the right of where the mouse is displayed.

It appears to be related to applications trying to use hardware acceleration. If you turn 3D acceleration off in the parallels, or disable hardware acceleration in Firefox the display issues go away.

My co-worker has the same model macbook, same patch level, and driver version 1.8 but doesn't have the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Video Issue.png
Views:	631
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	1055  
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (273.7 KB, 602 views)