Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.3 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
AGR

Default Cannot position displays where I want them

Beta DisplayLink-5.3.23653 introduced a new problem. I will use the display numbers as they currently are, the actual numbers do not matter to as long as I can keep using the same number for each display:
1: 1920 x 1200 laptop display is the primary, it is in a key board tray down lower than the others.

4: 1600 x 1200 laptop external monitor, it is above the laptop display. Note: The 1600 x 1200 is for my home office. This becomes 1920 x 1200 when I move my laptop to my office at work.

2: 1280 x 1024 USB, DVI, it is to the right of the laptop's external monitor.

3: 1280 x 1024 USB, VGA, I would like it to the left of the laptop's external monitor, but using the Windows Display Properties control panel, I cannot position it where I want to. The closest I can come is to have it to the left of the laptop's display. This is how I am running now.
When I use the icon in the system tray, that only allows me to position the USB displays to the right and left of my primary.

With DisplayLink-5.2.21675, I could get the displays positioned the way I wanted. Although when I disconnected my laptop and then reconnected it the order of the external monitors would change. The two USB ones would be next to each other. I would then use the Windows Display Properties control panel to reposition them. This worked before I went to the beta version. Now with the beta release it does not.

I am working around this problem by having the display the left(#3) down slightly so that it overlaps with the laptop display just a little. This makes things usable, although it would be nice to get this fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AGR_System_Info.2010.04.01.zip (68.0 KB, 739 views)