Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 2.0 release

Old 03-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
mr_kchong

Default Upgrading to 10.8.2 with Alpha 2 Installed

Hello,

I had Alpha 2 installed and was working well until I received a prompt asking to upgrade to 10.8.2 (I believe i had 10.8.1 before the upgrade).

When it prompted for a restart, the computer was unable to boot back up again. I can only access the recovery partition.

I tried the regular, verify permission or disk repairs but it does not seem to be the case. I cannot run the typical way to run the DisplayLink uninstaller so I was wondering if any of you know a way to completely remove DisplayLink drivers through terminal or if there is a workaround to this fix.

I know that this is an issue with the displaylink drivers because it is the only difference between my computer and another. please advise.

thanks!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Boot keeping the shift key pressed, this will disable all third party SW. It will take a long time to boot, it's normal.
Then manually delete /System/Library/Extensions/DisplayLinkDriver.kext
And any com.displaylink file in /Library/LaunchDaemons and /Library/LaunchAgents.
This should be enough, at the next reboot you can run the uninstaller.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlo
Old 03-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
mr_kchong

unfortunately i was unable to recover the same state and had to reimage my machine i'll try it again with 10.8.2 already installed...thanks though!

----------

this was my apologize but thanks for the reply. the ssd that I installed was not compatible with the later version of the osx and i thought it was displaylink. but i updated the firmware and all is good. thanks again

Last edited by mr_kchong; 03-22-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Tags
boot, mac 10.8.2, recovery, terminal