Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 07-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #51
scott1588

Default Beta 2 Bugs

I have a MBP 15" I am experiencing the drag and drop problem as well. I am also having problems with some pull down menus. I iCal, for example, when I click on the Calendar button the resulting window is blank. There are actually items there because I can click and drag them. Similar problem with Keynote, the templates window appears blank even though the items are actually there. As soon as I remove Beta2, all these problems go away.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (341.9 KB, 1126 views)
Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #52
bassman78

Unhappy Driver Bugs on OS X Lion

Here are my problems:

1) using shortcuts for Mission Control (e.g. command+1,2,3 to go directly to desktop 1,2,3...) renders the keyboard dead. I am able to continue using keyboard shortcuts for Mission control, but actual typing of text and other keyboard input does not work.
-> only way to get keyboard to work again is by going to Activity Monitor and quitting the process called "Dock"

2) drag and drop problem, as reported by others
-> good to know that putting computer to sleep makes this problem go away

3.1) preview of anything (video, pdf, image...) does not work. (i.e. click an image, hit space bar to preview it, and the window comes up but it is greyed out with no content)

3.2) video does not show image (in quick time it's black, in vlc it's white screen). Audio comes through normally.

3.3) some pages in Safari go mysteriously blank after a splitsecond of loading. Must be related to 3.1 and 3.2. Chrome works fine. Have not tested on Firefox.

3.4) I have not tested all my apps, but I assume that the displaying of content is probably not working correctly on other apps as well, such as calendar and keynote, as reported by the above user. Must be co-related.

4) Login screen is grey. Lucky me I use automatic login, but when troubleshooting my issues with Apple support, they asked me to create a new login to see if problems where there again (this was before I realized it was an issue with the displaylink driver). Once I created that second login and tried to get to it, I experience the same gray screen that everybody is talking about.
-> only way to fix this was to boot in safe mode (holding shift when powering up), and then putting account to login automatically again.

The above issues happen with or without my external displays connected. Over the weekend I reinstalled Lion and the problems went away. When I renistalled the driver and the problems came back I had the epiphany of the source of the issues.

Any ideas on when the next driver version will be released?
Anything else I can do to help you identify and solve these problems?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (283.5 KB, 632 views)

Last edited by bassman78; 07-25-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 07-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #53
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman78 View Post
Here are my problems:
(...)

Any ideas on when the next driver version will be released?
Anything else I can do to help you identify and solve these problems?

Thanks!
Bassman78 first of all thank you very much for the detailed and useful bug report.
We've been looking into this matter and as far as we can tell all these issues derive from bugs in Lion on the 9400/9600M systems. The wrong hardware acceleration path one is more obvious, the mouse/drag issue is weird but still something we can't do anything about.
We have bugs opened with Apple about these issues but if you're using the aforementioned GPUs the only mitigation we know of is to force the GPU to be the 9600M.

Everyone can help by contacting Apple and raising these issues as we did.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #54
mav

same issues for me (15" MBP - mid 2009). Began immediately after I installed the beta driver.

The dead keyboard issue starts immediately upon using mission control keystrokes (typically the Ctrl-arrow versions for me) and sometimes, but not always, when launching mail.app (which is pinned to space 1). In either case, quitting the Dock process fixes the problem.

The drag and drop issue is more pesky, as so far I was only able to fix it by hard rebooting, but I can not reliably reproduce it. (it has not happened yet since I found out about the sleep and wake solution)

Video, previews, etc are working fine for me however. And I do not have the gray login screen issue (I do not automatically login to my macbookpro).
Old 08-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #55
kristjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by analli View Post
No rotation option in my LG W2442 with 1.7b2 after installing Lion. Reboot didn't solve anything. I have a 27" iMac and this monitor is useless to me unless I can rotate it. Any advice?

Anthony
I installed the OS X Beta 3 driver on Lion. Everything works except there is no rotation option for my MIMO 710a in the relevant system preferences menu for this monitor. Another thread suggested installing this:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/269...-rotation-menu

So I tried it and this menulet works.

Interestingly enough when I rotate MIMO display with this menulet the the old display option magically appear in the Apple System Preferences menu for my MIMO. As soon as I set the display back to 'Standard' rotation they disappear again.