Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
rlane00

Default Problem with USB 3.0 ASMedia Host controller and DisplayLink

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me with getting this software to load / work for my setup. Here is the situation I have a Samsung NP700Z5AH-S0AUS (running Win 7 professional 64-bit) which has two video cards: 1) Intel HD Graphics Family and 2) AMD Radeon HD6750M. I also have two external monitors - both Dell U2412. Since my laptop does not have a dedicated docking station I decided to buy a universal docking station so that I could use my dual monitors (as I had with previous laptop).

I first bought a Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 which seemed to have all the features I wanted. However, when I attempted to load the driver software that came with the Toshiba it did not work (the software did not show up in the task bar). They tried downloading the latest drivers directly from DisplayLink site, but that didn't help. They said the unit was bad and I should return and replace.

Thinking that I didn't want to have the same problem I decided to return the Toshiba unit, but replace with a similar featured version from Targus instead - model ACP71USZ. That unit just arrived today and I had the same problem. The instructions state (for Win 7) to just connect the docking station to laptop and Windows will start installing the DisplayLink Driver automatically. I did this, and a "Generic USB Hub" driver was installed - but nothing showed up in the system tray. I then tried downloading the driver from the CD provided and the installation appeared to be "in progress" and then it just stopped with no notice or window popping up saying anything. Still nothing in the system tray. Same result when I tried downloading the latest driver from DisplayLink website.

I called Targus for tech support and the tech asked if my laptop had two video cards (which it does). He said I had to disable one of the video cards and then try it again. Doesn't sound like a real good solution to me, so I looked for support here. I didn't see anything that addressed this issue in a quick search - hence this post.

Is there a way to make this setup work? If so, how do I do it?

Edit: I further checked some of the sticky posts and went through the steps.
- The program is installed.
- The service is running
- However the Hardware Ids is"USB\VID_8087&PID_0024" which does not match what the posts says it should be.

Thanks.

Last edited by Wim; 04-03-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Changed title to make it easier for other people to find.
rlane00 is offline   Reply With Quote