Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 05-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
quack75

Default DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows & Windows 10 Creator's update

Hi,

I'm the owner of the Century Plus One LCD-4300U USB display. (It's using a displaylink chip).

Without displaylink software, the monitor is detected by Windows as a Generic PNP Monitor and not as a DisplayLink USB Monitor.

So I tried to install the DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.2 M2 on my windows 10 x64 creator's update.

The driver installed successfully but unfortunately it didn't change anything. My lcd-4300U is still detected as a generic pnp monitor.

So my questions:
- should the monitor be detected as generic pnp monitor or displaylink usb device ?
- is the displaylink driver required on windows 10 creator's update ? In other words, with this windows latest update, is the displaylink driver of any use ?

thank you
quack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:11 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Quack,

Your device will have two entries: one in display adapters, and one in monitors as it includes both.

The graphics driver is now in the OS, but you do need a USB device driver. So our driver for Creators Update is much smaller.
It will automatically fetch the USB device driver, silently, from Windows Update.
With new versions of Windows, you do not need to reboot to use the new DisplayLink driver. So that's why it can all happen silently.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote