Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #1
sgarbesi

Default MacBook Pro 15" (2008)

Running OS X Lion 10.7.1 with 1.7b3 drivers.

The light comes on the EVGA UV Plus+ box, basically indicating it's being powered on, but I see nothing on the actual computer. System Preference pane for Displays doesn't show another monitor.

In Snow Leopard, when I would plug in the UV Plus the screen would turn blue (on the laptop) then go back to normal, indicating the device was loaded. I don't get this at all.

The device isn't being recognized at all.

Attached verbose log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (219.8 KB, 715 views)
Old 08-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
griffisblessing

I believe I have the same model/year Macbook 15" that you have. I've gone around and around in circles trying to get my Kensington USB monitor adapter to work reliably with OSX Lion 10.7 (and 10.7.1). It's been a "no go" every time. Originally I got the blank login screen issue. I switched over to discreet (dedicated) graphics and that solved the login screen issue. I thought I was good at that point, but then the drag and drop bug struck. Specifically in Mail - when I would try to drag a message from my Inbox to a sub-folder it would get stuck on the drag mouse icon, it would never drop the message in the destination folder, and I'd have to force quit Mail to get back to "normal" operation. Very frustrating, so I removed the DisplayLink drivers and I have not been using my 3rd monitor.

There's quite a bit of info/chatter here on this forum about these issues. Sounds like what we're waiting for is an update from Apple. Not sure if that'll come in the form of a firmware or driver update ... or, quite honestly, if it will come at all.

Fingers crossed.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarbesi View Post
Running OS X Lion 10.7.1 with 1.7b3 drivers.

The light comes on the EVGA UV Plus+ box, basically indicating it's being powered on, but I see nothing on the actual computer. System Preference pane for Displays doesn't show another monitor.

In Snow Leopard, when I would plug in the UV Plus the screen would turn blue (on the laptop) then go back to normal, indicating the device was loaded. I don't get this at all.

The device isn't being recognized at all.

Attached verbose log.
From the logs it seems that the kernel extension fails in allocating some memory. Very unusual error, need more investigation.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
sgarbesi

I think I now have a bricked UV box. I tried plugging it into another Mac on Snow Leopard and it's unrecognized.

I then try plugging it into a Windows XP netbook with the drivers installed and I don't even see the device popup in the taskbar. Nothing, not even an "unknown device" or anything indicating that a USB device has been plugged in.

The light does power on, proving the box is getting power. Maybe the board is fried? Any suggestions?