Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
bz101

Default Finder Beach Ball 10.7.1 and Dropbox

There I am seeing Finder and Dropbox conflict only when using my DisplayLink external monitor. Dropbox 1.2.x. Macbook Pro 15" 2011.

I get constant beach balls when opening a new Finder Window or even interacting with the finder window. Closing out Dropbox resolves the issue or just using it without an external monitor fixes the issue (which is why I am posting here).

I've attached the output of the troubleshooting tool to see if you can find the root cause.

Let me know if I need to supply more info.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (652.1 KB, 702 views)
Old 10-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz101 View Post
There I am seeing Finder and Dropbox conflict only when using my DisplayLink external monitor. Dropbox 1.2.x. Macbook Pro 15" 2011.

I get constant beach balls when opening a new Finder Window or even interacting with the finder window. Closing out Dropbox resolves the issue or just using it without an external monitor fixes the issue (which is why I am posting here).

I've attached the output of the troubleshooting tool to see if you can find the root cause.

Let me know if I need to supply more info.

Thanks!
Thanks for the logs. We tested the latest Dropbox beta 1.2.42 (release candidate) and we are not able to replicate the issue. Which beta version are you are using? Could you please try 1.2.42 and see if the issue is still there? Thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
bz101

I have been using 1.2.40 and below. Just saw 1.2.42 posted. I posted the same issue on Dropbox (including process samples) last week and they said they would review and fix any issues in the next build if they found something. So hopefully this does it.

I will report back when I return to using multiple monitors through the DisplayLink. Thanks for the reply.