Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
ehendrix

Default Screen shaking

Wondering if anyone else has seen this. Running beta 4 for a 3rd screen on an iMac 2010. Second screen is connected through DisplayPort with the 1st screen being the iMac itself.
Just once in a while all 3 screens "shake" for a little bit and then it stops and one can continue working. We just updated this iMac to LION and thus to this beta driver.
The issue did not happen before the upgrade, and I did not see the issue for the 2 days I was on the iMac before installing the driver. But then again, this does not occur on a regular basis so it is not to say that the driver is the issue.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this with the Displaylink driver or not.

My plan is to uninstall the driver this weekend or so to determine if it is still happening or not.

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
tthaler

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehendrix View Post
Wondering if anyone else has seen this. Running beta 4 for a 3rd screen on an iMac 2010. Second screen is connected through DisplayPort with the 1st screen being the iMac itself.
Just once in a while all 3 screens "shake" for a little bit and then it stops and one can continue working. We just updated this iMac to LION and thus to this beta driver.
The issue did not happen before the upgrade, and I did not see the issue for the 2 days I was on the iMac before installing the driver. But then again, this does not occur on a regular basis so it is not to say that the driver is the issue.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this with the Displaylink driver or not.

My plan is to uninstall the driver this weekend or so to determine if it is still happening or not.

Thanks.
Hi there

I see some unhappy behavior close to yours.
I have two DVI screens and two USB screens connected to a mac Mini with Lion 10.7.2 with the latest Displaylink driver. Every now and then, without repeating squeeze, always the left USB display will darken for a fragment of a second and recover again. I did switch the displays, the USB cable AND the USB connection, but it will happen always on the same display position.
So in my opinion, it is the Displaylink driver which causes this problem.