Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
kirby001

Default USB 3 vs USB 2 causes screen flickering

I have a Sony VAIO running Win 8 (64 bit). I got an AOC E1659Fwu, I installed the displaylink software (7.4) - plugging the AOC display into a USB 2.0 port on the Vaio. It works fine. I then switch the display to one of the USB 3.0 ports and the reusult is that the AOC screen and the VAIO screen flash on and off continuously. Once I switch back to USB 2.0, everything is fine again. I am thinking about getting a second AOC and would have to use a USB 3.0 port for the second one. So, I want to solve this problem before I do.

I did the following. 1) with the AOC Plugged into the USB 2.0 port, I used the Displaylink Debug Tool to 1) do the system compatibility check (all was OK) 2) did "Gather Information" and 3) turned on Advanced logging then ...
4) Plugged the AOC monitor into a USB 3.0 port. I let the flickering go on for 3 or 4 cycles then replugged it into the USB 2.0 port and created the debug zip file. (attached)

Please review and let me know if you have any suggestions as to how to get the USB 3.0 port connection to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JDKVAIO_20130826_162856.zip (1.58 MB, 3 views)
kirby001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Do you have both ends of the Y cable connected when this happens?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

Is this still an issue for you?

If so can you let me know if you see this issue with the brightness set to 50% or lower?

Also if you have a an external mains powered USB hub can you try attaching the AOC monitor to that and the hub to the Vaio and let me know if you still see the issue?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote