Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 09-03-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
intellilogic

Unhappy Win 7 Enterprise x64 +

I have a full release Win 7 Enterprise x64, I am also running 2 other computers w/ 32 bit, that I have considered using your product with, I have not tested them. I, like others on here, get the message of 'incompatible display driver'. I noticed on here, other people are upset that they can't use their product because it’s now a full release version of windows. I also noticed you are talking about a 5.3 version of the beta software due Sept 14. Will this software work w/ x64 systems? This is the ONLY thing that doesn’t run on my windows 7…

I have some of these DVI HP ones, I "intend"* to order more, for my main computer, a precision workstation, which is very powerful, I intend to add 4DVI and 2VGA, as well as the dual monitor setup in place - yes, a total of 8 monitors. *=Assuming you fix this. I don't have any of the VGA adapters yet, I as well would like to hook up 2x DVI to another computer I have, running Win7 Ent 32 and then I would like to add 1x DVI and 1x VGA to my laptop, running Win7 Ent 32. That's a total of 10 of your non-functioning product...

Win 7 has been around for a year, to various testers... Full Releases for over a month... I do not understand the delay. Does this product work w/ workstation 2008? I don't intend to attach them to it, I usually RDP to them, but it's something I considered, if I had a huge task to do, to get myself a 2nd screen on it for temporary use.

What is the max resolution of these NL571AA? Anything below: 2560 x 1600 will greatly upset me.

Because I assumed your product would work, it seemed of such a great thing, you are currently standing between me, the money I intend to earn and even the money I have spent. Please reposition yourself in my life.

Thanks,
Intelli
Old 09-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
intellilogic

Default 5.2b FAILED

My x64 workstation...

So I uninstalled the old 5.2b and installed the new 5.2b2, but it didn't work.
I tried it a few more times, using different methods, still a no-go. So to make sure my monitor/adapter was working correctly, I tried to get it working on other computers. I got it to work on the two x32 Win7 machines. One was a laptop, the other was a desktop, also running dual monitors from a graphics card.

But it does not work on this x64 system w/ NVIDIA 7850gt2 graphics card.

I only get this error on the x64 system (the important one)

I select yes and then the icon sits in the system tray.

Drivers appear to be in order:

continuing below...

Last edited by intellilogic; 09-06-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
intellilogic

Default continued (not allowed to have too many images in message)

(Also, more info on the graphics card)

But I still get this result:

Then after I hit detect:

The light on the monitor comes blue, but there seams to be no way to get this up and running right...

PLEASE HELP!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:28 AM   #4
intellilogic

Default Please help

I really need a solution here... x64 support? (it won't let me run it in any sort of compatible mode...)
Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
tlhintoq

Quote:
Originally Posted by intellilogic View Post
My x64 workstation...

So I uninstalled the old 5.2b and installed the new 5.2b2, but it didn't work.
I tried it a few more times, using different methods, still a no-go. So to make sure my monitor/adapter was working correctly, I tried to get it working on other computers. I got it to work on the two x32 Win7 machines. One was a laptop, the other was a desktop, also running dual monitors from a graphics card.

But it does not work on this x64 system w/ NVIDIA 7850gt2 graphics card.

I only get this error on the x64 system (the important one)

I select yes and then the icon sits in the system tray.

Drivers appear to be in order:

continuing below...
My personal opinion is that the *REAL* problem is stated right in the error message: That your other graphics card is not supported by the DisplayLink software.

Why should it be? Why should DisplayLink being trying to run every other video card on the planet? It should just look like a display card and let the OS handle it. It should not be trying to play video god over ATI, Intel, Matrox and Nvidia. It should be a video card and not try to be an operating system.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
intellilogic

Unhappy Sigh...

I swapped vid cards, got it to work ...but at such a high cost.
A) loosing high powered card B) cost of new card
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
intellilogic

Question @DisplayLink

So what card can I use with this thing? I went from Nvidia to Nvidia...
I am not running a Quadro NVS 285. Also, what is the max res for the USB device?