Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #21
silpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
It seems that you are using the 9400M, could you please switch to the 9600M and check if the issues are still there? Thanks
The 9400M is part of a Macbook Pro. I can't switch to another video card.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #22
displaylinker

so does it mean it's safe for the 2010 MacBookPro models that has the "auto-switching"?

I don't really wanna test it since this is my production machine, can't afford down time.

+1 on beta 3, please release soon!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #23
philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by soverc View Post
After a reboot I have rotation controls and can use monitor as needed. So far no issues other than having to reboot. THANKS !!!!
I have this issue but this didn't solve it, my monitor that is connected via MiniDisplay port has "rotation" preferences, but my monitor connected via usb (Arkview) to dvi to my samsung syncmaster 226bw doesn't allow me to rotate the monitor. I saw other people don't have this issue. I would like rotation of my monitor for text purposes because video is completely futile via USB monitors. I can't take screen shots of my usb connected monitor either so I can't show you what it looks like but basically has everything but the ability to Rotate the screen and to overscan.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running on
64 bit (yes)
15" UniMBP late 08 (MacPro5,1 w/express card slot)
2.53ghz
6gb RAM (soon to be 8)
Old 07-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #24
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by silpa View Post
The 9400M is part of a Macbook Pro. I can't switch to another video card.
Your system profile reports that the system has a 9600m card beside to the 9400. In order to switch to the 9600m just disable the "automatic graphics switching" option in System Preferences - Energy Saver. Thanks
Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #25
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinker View Post
so does it mean it's safe for the 2010 MacBookPro models that has the "auto-switching"?

I don't really wanna test it since this is my production machine, can't afford down time.

+1 on beta 3, please release soon!
At the moment the only known issues with auto-switching enabled are related to hardware-accelerated rendering (like Firefox and VLC issue). It seems a sort of an erroneous shared context (we had a similar issue on 10.6.4, then fixed by Apple in a later release). No kernel panic or "unsafe" issue are reported.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
ChristianP

Quote:
I installed 1.7b2 on a machine running a GM of Lion. Immediately, after the restart I noticed the following things.

1. If I have autologin disabled then the system boots to the login screen but doesn't display any users. Basically, all I see is the gray wallpaper.

2. Once I enable autologin, the restart is gets me into my desktop. From there the dock is non-editable. For instance, try to drag an app into the dock. You cannot. You have to launch the app, right click on the icon in the dock, go to options, keep in dock. You also cannot remove an app, by dragging it out of the dock.

3. The system takes a lot longer to shut down and reboot.

Once I remove the driver, the system functions normally. The display hooked up to the displaylink adapter does work, but these performance issues make it hard to keep it installed and in use.
Just another couple of checks for the dock issue, could you please run the following command in a Terminal and post the output:
ls -al ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

The dock could be non-editable if the permissions on this file are set as read only for the user.
Could you also please check in the Accounts preferences if the Parental control is active (there is an option called "Allow User to Modify the Dock")?
Thanks for your help
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #27
displaylinker

Quote:
At the moment the only known issues with auto-switching enabled are related to hardware-accelerated rendering (like Firefox and VLC issue). It seems a sort of an erroneous shared context (we had a similar issue on 10.6.4, then fixed by Apple in a later release). No kernel panic or "unsafe" issue are reported.
I remember it took Apple a long time to fix the graphics issue last time, hopefully this is not the case this time.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #28
ChristianP

After some testing, we are still not able to replicate some of the issues like the one involving a Magic Mouse/Trackpad and the one related to autologin and read-only dock. We are still working in trying to reproduce and fix all the issues.
Hopefully next driver version should have a more powerful logging mechanism that can enable us to have more important information about the driver behaviour from your feedback. Please continue to report any bug you encounter and thanks for your help in providing such valuable information.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #29
silpa

Quote:
Your system profile reports that the system has a 9600m card beside to the 9400. In order to switch to the 9600m just disable the "automatic graphics switching" option in System Preferences - Energy Saver. Thanks
I don't have the "automatic graphics switching" option in System Preferences - Energy Saver. I'm running GM of Lion. I have "automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep". Unchecking those options didn't enable the 9600m.

Quote:
Just another couple of checks for the dock issue, could you please run the following command in a Terminal and post the output:
ls -al ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

The dock could be non-editable if the permissions on this file are set as read only for the user.
Could you also please check in the Accounts preferences if the Parental control is active (there is an option called "Allow User to Modify the Dock")?
Thanks for your help
sixapplecom:~ spatel$ ls -al ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist
-rw------- 1 spatel staff 3668 Jul 12 09:51 /Users/spatel/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

The user is an admin not under any sort of parental control.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #30
calculon0

Quote:
I don't have the "automatic graphics switching" option in System Preferences - Energy Saver. I'm running GM of Lion. I have "automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep". Unchecking those options didn't enable the 9600m.
In System Preferences - Energy Saver click on "Graphics: higher performance" at the top of the window. It will log you out and login again. This will enable the 9600M.