Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
jack Pottinger

Default Displaylink device suddenly not recognised in Windows 7

We have had 3 screens running fine on a Startech.com USB3DOCKH2DP for over a year suddenly in last 3 days it stopped working.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers numerous times but it now either doesn't detect attached screens or changes resolution for a second and then crashes.

I have updated intel usb drivers as instructed (despite the fact that this was working previously)

See attach customer service tool logfiles
Attached Files
File Type: zip SH-RESWALL_20170926_095321.zip (22 Bytes, 1 views)
jack Pottinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
thoath

have you tried uninstalling the graphics drivers then the displaylink drivers unplug docking then restart then install graphics and then display it worked for us here at the council with not picking screens up or the 3rd phantom screen
thoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
jack Pottinger

Followed above steps several times! Current behavior is it detects the screen is plugged in. Starts to output to it, adjusts resolution then crashes and continues to loop through this process.

Event 7031, Service Control Manager
The DisplayLinkManager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 282443 milliseconds: Restart the service.

This is logged every 30 seconds until it just stops trying
Old 09-26-2017, 02:28 PM   #4
jack Pottinger

tested this with a windows 10 laptop and it worked fine. So I'm convinced its a software/driver issue with this Windows 7 PC.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
jack Pottinger

Still looking for help getting this working on this Windows7 PC it is a Dell 3020m. I have run the intel Driver assistant that confirms I am using latest drivers for graphics and USB 3.0

Ive tried connecting device via usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 both times it is recognized but as soon as it trys to output to TV it displays briefly and then the Displaylink manager service crashes.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #6
Wim

Hi

The log files you have attached look empty. Can you rerun the support tool and post the logs?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #7
jack Pottinger

I've uninstalled Display link software, Rebooted, Ran cleaner, Rebooted, Reinstalled latest version and re-run support tool. See attached logs
Attached Files
File Type: zip SH-RESWALL_20171002_090908.zip (2.98 MB, 1 views)
Old 10-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #8
Wim

Thanks for the logs. It looks like Windows is trying to restore an invalid desktop layout, which then crashes our driver.

Could you try deleting the Windows display persistence as described here and see if that solves the issue?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:19 PM   #9
jack Pottinger

Deleted registry keys. Disconnected dock. Rebooted PC. Reconnected dock. plugged first monitor in image came up briefly, then no signal, then image again , then no signal. Checking PC logs show same error pattern. I also tried with different monitors in ports 1, 2 and 3 same behavior on each screen.