Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
bawpie

Default Q-waves quicklink with Windows 8

I currently have a q-waves quicklink which I have working with my laptop (windows 7) without any issues. However, I decided to try it with my desktop (Windows 8) and just can't get it to pick up the receiver at all. I noticed that the displaylink drivers on the q-waves site are not compatible with windows 8, so I thought I'd try the updated drivers on the displaylink site (7.03) however this has made no difference.

Basically, the wireless usb drivers seem to install no problem, but when I plug in the transmitter, the symbol in the systray just stays red. The range shouldn't be an issue (I've tested with the laptop from same range and it works) but it's not even detecting the receiver.

I restored my system to a restore point prior to install, and installed the q-waves usb drivers, then the 7.03 drivers as I thought that having the earlier drivers on and uninstalling them before putting the new ones on could have caused a conflict. I've tried unplugging the receiver and the transmitter, rebooting and plugging them in again but this has made no difference but there is still no recognition. As soon as I plug the transmitter into my laptop, it's detected immediately(range is the same) so I know it's a windows 8 issue. Of course it could be the wireless usb drivers that are causing the issue, and there are no signs that they have been updated to work with windows 8.

I guess I'm just wondering if there's anyone on here who's had any experience of getting the q-waves quicklink to work with Windows 8 or not?

Thanks!
bawpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi

I see others have hit this issue http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-58c4776c132b

You may wish to contact the manufacturer to see what their plans are http://www.q-waves.com/

Sorry I can't be of any help here.

Regards,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q-waves, quicklink, windows 8