Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2024, 08:48 PM   #1
ccharlesj

Default Apple M1 Sonoma 14.4 -- Docking Station shorting out with DisplayLink Drivers for Mac

Hi,

I've been using the Dell D3100 Docking Station for my current set up. It was working fine for a few weeks, and then I started running into issues. I'm now at the point where I'm back to using my old PC for this setup because I keep running into issues on my mac.

I will turn on DisplayLink, and my monitors will work fine for 5-20 minutes, and then the screens connected to my dock stop responding (the display stays there but I can't access the screens as if they're disconnected), I then have to restart he DisplayLink software to get them working again. From here they start shorting out every 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Sometimes longer, but it always happens inevitably and consistently.

I'm curious what could be going on now, since they were working flawlessly for several weeks. I've removed any software that might need the same access. I've re-installed several times, including re-installing an older version (1.9) to see if that would help. I've tried resetting the layout under advanced settings. I also have a ticket w/ support open and I've sent a couple system reports that were run at the time of the DisplayLink Error. This dock works with no problems on 2 PC's I own obviously, but the Mac configuration is giving me a lot of trouble. I attached a couple pics for reference.

Thanks for anyone who might have some insight...I'd love to get this working and not resort to having to find another solution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 2.13.05 PM.jpg (21.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 2.13.37 PM.jpg (13.5 KB, 3 views)
ccharlesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:09 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccharlesj View Post
Hi,

I've been using the Dell D3100 Docking Station for my current set up. It was working fine for a few weeks, and then I started running into issues. I'm now at the point where I'm back to using my old PC for this setup because I keep running into issues on my mac.

I will turn on DisplayLink, and my monitors will work fine for 5-20 minutes, and then the screens connected to my dock stop responding (the display stays there but I can't access the screens as if they're disconnected), I then have to restart he DisplayLink software to get them working again. From here they start shorting out every 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Sometimes longer, but it always happens inevitably and consistently.

I'm curious what could be going on now, since they were working flawlessly for several weeks. I've removed any software that might need the same access. I've re-installed several times, including re-installing an older version (1.9) to see if that would help. I've tried resetting the layout under advanced settings. I also have a ticket w/ support open and I've sent a couple system reports that were run at the time of the DisplayLink Error. This dock works with no problems on 2 PC's I own obviously, but the Mac configuration is giving me a lot of trouble. I attached a couple pics for reference.

Thanks for anyone who might have some insight...I'd love to get this working and not resort to having to find another solution.
Hello, we are working on the case, I sent a message a few minutes ago
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote