Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
keith

Default Beta 3 and VMWare Crashing

Installed Lion yesterday and had no issues with VMWare until this morning when I updated the displaylink drivers. Now VMWare crashes when ever my Diamond USB adapters are plugged into my USB hub. Seems to be fine if they are disconnected. I can also us an apple display link to VGA adapter with no problem.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
Installed Lion yesterday and had no issues with VMWare until this morning when I updated the displaylink drivers. Now VMWare crashes when ever my Diamond USB adapters are plugged into my USB hub. Seems to be fine if they are disconnected. I can also us an apple display link to VGA adapter with no problem.
Could you please upload any VMWare crash log and use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output file? Thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 03:27 AM   #3
keith

C, after your request, I plugged both USB drivers back in and of course I have had no issues since then. Earlier today, VMWare crashed, gave me an error log, and an option to reopen. 3 tries all resulted the same. Knowing that I had no issues yesterday, and the only difference I could think of was the new displaylink driver I installed this morning. I unplugged the two USB video cards ( bvu195), and VMWare started normally. If there is a way to retrieve an earlier error log, let me know. Otherwise I will have to see if the issue reappears. Thanks for the quick response this morning. K