Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
victag

Default Frequent disconnecting noises and sometimes screen flicker

I am using the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock and newest Displaylink driver.
I often hear the beep and lose my USB keyboard and sometimes my screen, which reconnects a moment later. Diagnostic file attached. Thanks in advance for your help.
victag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

I don't see any file attached, but I don't think it will be necessary (or useful).
Because your USB keyboard is dropping, then it means the issue is at the dock or USB hub level. The DisplayLink chip, and its driver have no impact on the hub or other devices connected to it, as they are not using our USB vendor ID. Our driver is not even able to know there's a keyboard on that hub. The DisplayLink chip is also connected to the same USB hub as your keyboard.

I recommend you contact Lenovo, the manufacturer, to discuss a replacement as USB hub firmware can rarely be field upgraded.

Alternatively, if you are NOT using Windows 10, I would recommend you check online for your latest USB Host Controller driver. It is possible that the OS is hammering the USB hub wrongly until it falls over. So it would look like the dock is at fault, when it's actually the PC not following the spec. We have seen issues with Intel USB 3.0 Host Controllers using outdated drivers on Windows 7 with a few machines, simply installing the latest host controller driver and nothing drops anymore.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote