Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - 7.7 Beta for Windows

Old 09-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
fasteddye

Default Dell Latitude E7440 Frozen Display After No Activity

My Dell Latitude E7440 has been functioning great with the Targus dock using the 7.7 beta with the exception of leaving the computer overnight. When returning to it, I move the mouse to wake the displays (computer is not asleep, just turns off displays after 20 min) and the desktop is displayed as it was when I left it. Problem is, everything is frozen. No mouse or keyboard response. I rebooted yesterday and everything came back normally. Same issue happened again this morning, so I tried unplugging the dock and plugging it back in. This had the same result as the reboot. Everything is working fine. So it would seem that the laptop is still working correctly when this happens, but the display link gets messed up somehow. Any suggestions?

Running:
Windows 8.1
2 x Dell 24" LED monitors
Wireless Logitech KB/mouse
Old 09-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Sounds like the dock hub firmware may need updating.

As soon as the issue is seen please attach the output of this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Once downloaded, please run it and select "Gather Support Information"

When you reply please select "Manage Attachments" from the "Additional Options" section below.

From there select Upload and navigate to the output of the tool which will be in a folder called "DisplayLink Support Files" on your desktop.

Thanks,
James
Old 09-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
fasteddye

Attached is the tool output. One monitor (the main) froze while the other remained functional. Had to unplug/replug before running tool.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WINLAP26_20140908_091344.zip (747.4 KB, 1137 views)
Old 09-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Do you have the Targus ACP70? if so please download the latest firmware from here: http://targus.com/form/download.aspx...7&sku=ACP70USZ

Thanks,
James
Old 09-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
fasteddye

James,

I do have the ACP70USZ. I DL'ed the firmware update (v4401) and the tool appears to show that my dock has the latest firmware. Trying to update results in an error. Any other suggestions?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
JamesH

Hi,

Some other thoughts:

1. Does this happen with a wired mouse + wired keyboard?
2. Does this happen if the wireless receiver is located on the other side of the notebook to that which the dock is connected to? I'm wondering if the wireless is being affected by USB 3.0 (see http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=340)
3. Does this happen with 7.6M2?

Thanks,
James