Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 08-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
Manotee

Default USB Headset doesn't work in Windows 10 and DisplayLink

I use a Logitech H540 USB headset to listen to my ThinkPad X250 so as to not disturb my wife. It worked fine with my Targus APC71USZ and Windows 8.1.

I upgraded to Windows 10 over the weekend and have not used my X250 as I have been running backups to the Cloud (very slow) and network drive (slow). I am back to using it and my USB headset doesn't work. I plug it into the X250 or Targus and it shows as CONEXANT USB Audio, but no sound. Running test gets "Failed to play test tone". I get a brief burst of noise when plugging it in, but then silence.

I uninstalled DisplayLink and the USB headset works fine plugged into the X250. I reinstall DisplayLink and get the error wherever the USB is plugged.

I talked with Targus and they don't have a clue. Suggested I check with DisplayLink and Logitech.

Unplugging the Targus does not affect the H540 when plugged into the X250.

Restarting the X250 doesn't help. Resetting the Targus (unplug power and USB) didn't help.

I am at wits end.

All other Targus connected devices work. HDMI display, USB mouse, USB disk drive, speakers using the jack, Ethernet connection.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:11 AM   #2
Manotee

I located Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.75 55 dated 7/29/2015 and installed it.

Problem solved!