Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application

Old 01-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
Jimmy

Default Can't see content in certain programs

I just purchased the iPad app and downloaded the host software. I'm running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium. I can successfully drag the windows onto the iPad, but some programs won't display their content. Most programs work (browser, email, etc.), but I specifically purchased this app for use within my Microsoft Flight Simulator X game. I don't want to display anything graphically intensive on the iPad, but I thought it would be great to drag some of the instruments over to the iPad screen (GPS, specifically). I can see the window on the iPad, and the mouse moves around, but the content inside the window is just black. When the window is split between the iPad and my main monitor, I can see the content inside the window-half on my monitor, but not inside the window-half on the iPad.

Very bummed as this is the only reason I want this app. :^( Is there anything I can do within MS Windows 7 to support FSX onto the DisplayLink virtual monitor?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Ceasar999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I just purchased the iPad app and downloaded the host software. I'm running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium. I can successfully drag the windows onto the iPad, but some programs won't display their content. Most programs work (browser, email, etc.), but I specifically purchased this app for use within my Microsoft Flight Simulator X game. I don't want to display anything graphically intensive on the iPad, but I thought it would be great to drag some of the instruments over to the iPad screen (GPS, specifically). I can see the window on the iPad, and the mouse moves around, but the content inside the window is just black. When the window is split between the iPad and my main monitor, I can see the content inside the window-half on my monitor, but not inside the window-half on the iPad.

Very bummed as this is the only reason I want this app. :^( Is there anything I can do within MS Windows 7 to support FSX onto the DisplayLink virtual monitor?
I am not a expert, but to me it sounds normal, because the video stream of a game is different than the video stream of a normal application. are you able te play the game on your ipad screen?? Probably not...
Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
sprthompson

I too have this problem,

bought this app specifically for use as an instrument panel in flight sim, the image will display but won't update, so I see a static image of whatever was on the display before I dragged it over to the iPad

Is this something fixable or haveI thrown my money away?