Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #31
grimmer01

Default That Worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kra1366 View Post
I have been working with Google support on this.
They have released an updated version of Chrome (Canary).
This appears to have fixed the problem. Click the link below.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrom...er/canary.html
Thanks a Million kra!!!

That worked. Now Chrome is working on my laptop again.
grimmer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
kivnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmer01 View Post
Thanks a Million kra!!!

That worked. Now Chrome is working on my laptop again.

Canary kind of worked for me, BUT canary doesn't seem to function properly with multiple monitors. Everytime I right click on an Chrome instance on a secondary monitor the context menu appears on the primary screen. Very hard to use Chrome like this.

Back on the GPU sandbox idea, is there a way to change that setting with chrome internally? The problem with setting it in the startup shortcut is that the switch won't be enabled when Chrome starts through other means. For example, if I click on a URL shortcut from an Outlook email.
kivnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #33
mgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivnic View Post
Canary kind of worked for me, BUT canary doesn't seem to function properly with multiple monitors. Everytime I right click on an Chrome instance on a secondary monitor the context menu appears on the primary screen. Very hard to use Chrome like this.
I have the same exact problem and also it is not possible to make Canary as default browser. This is option is disable the settings so like kivnic said, links do to open from outside the browser.

Did you get timeline of when Google will release update to normal Chrome?
mgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #34
kivnic

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt View Post
I have the same exact problem and also it is not possible to make Canary as default browser. This is option is disable the settings so like kivnic said, links do to open from outside the browser.

Did you get timeline of when Google will release update to normal Chrome?
There must be some way to make the GPU sandbox change part of Chrome's persistent settings. I did see a setting to disable Chrome's sandbox control all together (too risky) but I couldn't figure out how to do it for only the GPU sandbox. Is there any chrome expert reading this with advice on how that might be accomplished? Maybe it's under chrome://flags/ but listed as something else?
kivnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #35
jayfermann

We downloaded and installed the new 7.1 M1 software/driver and immediately started having issues with Chrome (2 separate computers running Windows 7 64-bit). As a work-around, we are using the --disable-gpu to use chrome for now.
jayfermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #36
kra1366

Default New Chrome Beta Release

Google contacted me yesterday. They released a new version of Chrome beta. This was supposed to have fixed this issue. No luck still the same issue. The only work around for me was to use the canary version.
kra1366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #37
jennb

Hey! I was having trouble with chrome, and appears that the driver update disabled Chrome for me. I went back to 6.3 and it all works just fine. Of course, I had to uninstall and reinstall, then run 6.3, but all works now. Thanks for this post!
jennb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #38
DesktopMasters

I had to do a system restore. I ran the tool to remove the drivers. Then I installed 6.3M1 then I installed 7.0M3 and Chrome still works. I am a pretty high level computer tech. NOTHING I did would fix this. Reinstalling Flash etc... nothing.. But the above solution seems to be working. I would say this is a problem with these drivers and perhaps they should revisit what they did between those versions.

~ Merlin
DesktopMasters is offline   Reply With Quote