Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > What to buy?
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2024, 03:15 PM   #1
bmccarron

Default 2020M1 Mac mini 3 displays

Hey there, I have a 2020 Mac mini m1 that I am trying to connect a 3rd display (42" TV) to. I currently have 1 monitor via usb c and one via HDMI. I thought I could just connect the 3rd monitor to the other usb c but have now discovered that wont work. What is my best solution to this? Thank you!
bmccarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 07:59 PM   #2
shadov

which display link model do you use at the moment with your m1?
shadov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:52 AM   #3
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccarron View Post
Hey there, I have a 2020 Mac mini m1 that I am trying to connect a 3rd display (42" TV) to. I currently have 1 monitor via usb c and one via HDMI. I thought I could just connect the 3rd monitor to the other usb c but have now discovered that wont work. What is my best solution to this? Thank you!
NOTE FROM A MODERATOR - Please do not post the same question in two different sections of the forum.

Your specific model of Mac mini is limited to a maximum of two external displays. Apple calls this out under the 'Video Support' section within the technical specifications for your computer --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/111894

If you wish to add a third external display to your Mac, you will need to a use a product based on DisplayLink technology.

DisplayLink has a list of products that are based on DisplayLink technology here --> https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ylink-products
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote