Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 08-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
floschman

Default Performance issue with 10.7 after first Sleep

Hallo,

i bought a Kensington USB to DVI Adapter containing an DL-195 Chipsatz. Generally everything runs fine, but:
After the first time my Mac went to sleep, i have massive performance issues on all screens. This means that even dragging a window on a screen that is not connected via USB works not good. The window stucks and it feels as heaving 20 FPS at max. Video even works worse with around 1-3 FPS

My Setup:
MacBook Pro 13 - 2011 HD3000 Grafik
Screens: 1 x Dell 30" Via Displayport, 1x Dell 23" via DL-195
Mac OS 10.7
Driver: 1.7 Beta 3

Can anyone help me ?

thx
Old 08-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by floschman View Post
Hallo,

i bought a Kensington USB to DVI Adapter containing an DL-195 Chipsatz. Generally everything runs fine, but:
After the first time my Mac went to sleep, i have massive performance issues on all screens. This means that even dragging a window on a screen that is not connected via USB works not good. The window stucks and it feels as heaving 20 FPS at max. Video even works worse with around 1-3 FPS

My Setup:
MacBook Pro 13 - 2011 HD3000 Grafik
Screens: 1 x Dell 30" Via Displayport, 1x Dell 23" via DL-195
Mac OS 10.7
Driver: 1.7 Beta 3

Can anyone help me ?

thx
Does the issue happen even if the adapter is not plugged in (just DisplayLink driver installed)? Could you please reproduce the issue and then post the debug information collected using the tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269? Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
floschman

Hi. i have tried what you said. I booted my macbook without the Adapter being connect, send it to sleep, and resumed. The problem is the same in both cases, meaning it also occurs when the adapter is not connected.

I have attached the system information that was collected after the issue occured.

regards...
Attached Files
File Type: zip After Resume with Connected Display.zip (256.3 KB, 623 views)
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by floschman View Post
Hi. i have tried what you said. I booted my macbook without the Adapter being connect, send it to sleep, and resumed. The problem is the same in both cases, meaning it also occurs when the adapter is not connected.

I have attached the system information that was collected after the issue occured.

regards...
Thanks for the logs. As expected it seems a kernel extension issue with power management. The issue seems to happen only on 2011 models. We are investigating the issue.