Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
iceredwing

Default Next Driver Release?

None of the 3 drivers are working for me and any of my windows 7 systems. I wanted to know when another release is expected
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Martin

Hi,

Could you tell me a little more about the problems you're facing? Our product release of 5.2 is on Windows Update now and will be trickling through to users pretty soon I would imagine.

Regards,
Martin
Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Slider-Override

Please i need Support for Windows Server 2008 R2

I look every day for a Server 2008 R2 Release

Last edited by Slider-Override; 10-21-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
efd

Downloaded new driver via windows update, but I don't see any improvements. Primary display stiil freezes (or slows down to a few frames per second) when for example mouse is used on secondary display.

2 Mirai Monitors
256 on-board videomemory (SA Graphics, VIA Chrome9 HC IGP WDDM 1.1, version 8.14.14.19)
Win 7 Ultimate
Old 10-21-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Martin

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately we don't support the VIA Chrome9 graphics chipset in 5.2. You might like to try switching off aero in an effort to increase the performance.

Server2008R2, as I've mentioned, will not be supported in 5.2. I'm still waiting on some guys to get back to me on future plans, but I would imagine the news is not going to be good.

Regards,
Martin
Old 10-22-2009, 05:57 AM   #6
Slider-Override

where is the problem for a beta (or Alpha) release teiber for 2008r2,
is that more difficult than for windows 7 ?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
prologix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately we don't support the VIA Chrome9 graphics chipset in 5.2. You might like to try switching off aero in an effort to increase the performance.

Server2008R2, as I've mentioned, will not be supported in 5.2. I'm still waiting on some guys to get back to me on future plans, but I would imagine the news is not going to be good.

Regards,
Martin
Martin,

I must say that not supporting Server 2008 R2 is really sad considering that the driver model is the EXACT same, signing, and everything as Windows 7. All your stopping is by using the OS identifier.

I am going to return my display link to the store for a full refund with this print out so they know also as a retailer that Display link doesn't support the latest technologies. I also will not be recommending your products to any of my collegues in the IT field.

It is heartbreaking to say but I really feel that display link is going to lose quite a few customers over this as I'm far from the only one requesting this.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
iceredwing

Currently I am trying to use this on 2 of my systems. Your Alpha drivers use to work on my desktop (4870x2) but stopped working with catalyst 9.8 +

My Laptop (Asus 1008HA) detects the monitor. But upon attempting to install the installation freezes the system.

During the warning message: Your monitor may begin to shut off / flicker , the monitor will flicker and then just shut off. I have to do a hard reset to get the system going again. This is with Intel's GMA950 and a full version of windows 7 ultimate.

After the hard reset, windows will detect the mimo monitor. But I cannot get it to turn on, and the icon on the bottom right is not available.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
Slider-Override

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Martin
Any News about Server 2008 R2 release ?

Please speek with the developer group,
Old 10-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
Martin

Slider, All,

I am a developer, which is partly why I need to wait for a response from marketing and my manager about Server 2008 R2 support. I haven't forgot about it, I'm just still waiting for an email.

The next release is scheduled for 6 weeks time, I think. It will not support R2.... but I have some very good news regarding multi adapter support. See the relevent threads.

Best regards,
Martin