Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
acdrew0

Default Cannot connect displaylink while hdmi monitor hooked up

My system is an asus n56VJ laptop running windows 8. There are 2 external monitor ports, one vga and one hdmi. The vga port monitor seems to run off of the intel hd4000 graphics card. The HDMI port monitor seems to run off of the nVidia 635m card.

I am able to successfully run a displaylink monitor with the vga port monitor
for a 2 external monitor system.

When running the system with hdmi monitor and displaylink monitor for a 2 ext monitor system. The screens starts persistently flashing to black screen and also automatically logs me out.

Running HDMI monitor and VGA monitor simultaneously is successful. My need is to have a 3 external monitor setup.

I thought it may be an nVidia driver problem, but I updated to the latest driver and there still seems to be a problem.

I attached my log files from trying to connect 3 monitors simultaneously(HDMI,VGA,Displaylink).

I saw in this post:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2065

There is a user, hba, with a similar model asus laptop that was posting in a flashing screen thread. He was told that there would be a fix coming for his problem next month.

Will this fix also solve my problem? Or is there any other workaround for this?

I need to clear this up as soon as possible, or I'll have to return the adapter and try to figure out another system.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ASUSBIG_20121202_082620.zip (716.0 KB, 1 views)
acdrew0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Wim

There is still an issue with NVIDIA compatibility on 7.0 M3, but it is rarer than the previous issue. You will still get the displays flashing if you try and connect an external screen to the external output of the NVIDIA card. In this case, the HDMI output is connected from the NVIDIA GPU and will cause the flashing issue.

We don't have a fix for this but are working on it... Again it seems to be some strange things NVIDIA do with the graphics.

To check the theory, the issue should not occur if you disconnect the HDMI monitor.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
acdrew0

Thanks. You are correct, there is no problem when the hdmi is disconnected.

Do you believe it is likely that there will be a fix for this problem within the next month or so?

Would it be beneficial for me to contact them about changing something in their firmware?
acdrew0 is offline   Reply With Quote