Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
reberhardt

Default Beta 2.2 crash on show desktop gesture

I'm running OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 with the DisplayLink 2.2 beta, and I have "Displays have separate Spaces" disabled. When I show the desktop using the trackpad gesture, the window server crashes and I get logged out. If I perform the gesture really quickly or use the keyboard shortcut, the animation completes and it's fine, but if I perform the gesture slowly, it crashes in the middle of the animation every single time. Any ideas?
reberhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by reberhardt View Post
I'm running OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 with the DisplayLink 2.2 beta, and I have "Displays have separate Spaces" disabled. When I show the desktop using the trackpad gesture, the window server crashes and I get logged out. If I perform the gesture really quickly or use the keyboard shortcut, the animation completes and it's fine, but if I perform the gesture slowly, it crashes in the middle of the animation every single time. Any ideas?
There are a few similar issues where in Mavericks the Window Server is crashing during full screen transitions. This is a data loss situation because the Window Server brings down all open applications.

The trigger seems to be system-specific and is difficult to reproduce on different machines. For this reason we could not so far open a bug with Apple for this specific use case.

The best way to proceed would be for you to open a bug with Apple at http://bugreport.apple.com including the system profile. Apple's default answer for these issues is that it's third party (DisplayLink) problem. When this happens, please send us the bug ID so we can follow up with Apple directly and find out if it really was our issue and in case which issue so we can actually do something about it.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
NMulenos

I have the same issue. Is there any way to manually mitigate this issue before the bug is fixed? Applescript or something?

Thanks!
NMulenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
BryGuy

You might check out this thread: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=74637

I suggested running the following commands in terminal to basically disable the animation that takes place when showing the desktop/exposé:

Code:
MyCompy:~$ defaults write com.apple.dock expose-animation-duration -float 0
MyCompy:~$ killall Dock
I haven't had a Window Server crash since setting the animation duration to 0 (nearly a month now). Hope that helps!
BryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote