Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.3 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
DennisTh

Default Problem with Performance

Hi,

I'm using a Lenovo X301 and The Kensington eKG-K33926EU with two external monitors (One on the DisplayPort on the X301 and one on DisplayLink/DVI) . Running Windows 7 x64 fully patched and the latest beta driver (Config file attached). I also have Aero disabled to save Battery when travelling ;-)

Since Windows Update offered the new Mobile Intel 4 Series display driver, I have been having performance issues to the extent, where my laptop becomes unresponsive (Only when the DisplayLink is attached).

I have found the latest driver directly from Intels website, 8.15.10.2086 February 20th, but it seems to have the same problem.

I'm just using the computer for Office Applications and Web browsing in 1680x1050 resolution (Same problem with older Lenovo/DisplayLink USB adapter in 1440x900).

Also, maybe unrelated, the Zune software just displays as black screen on DisplayLink until moved to my X301/DisplayPort attached screen.

Office 2010 RC also has a problem, whenever starting presentation view (F5) on the DisplayLink screen it crashes, in all other cases I don't see a problem (I know this is Beta/RC software, just wanted to notify you that there may be a problem).
Attached Files
File Type: zip X301.zip (24.7 KB, 736 views)

Last edited by DennisTh; 03-24-2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Heading change
Old 03-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
evilpeople

I don't have any trouble with Zune 4.2.202.0 on my Kensington DisplayLink (7 Pro x64).

I do think Zune has some trouble with multi-monitor configurations, though, as it almost always stops when I drag it between monitors (even between the two on my FX3700M) and I have to pick it back up again. I've even had it get stuck a couple of times and I had to close/open it to fix it.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
DennisTh

Cool

I figured out the problem with Zune (It's called patience ;-) So if I wait for a 4-5 seconds the screen will redraw.
I still have severe problems with performance though - where music stops playing and the mouse stops responding for several seconds.
Any Ideas/suggestions ?