Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2019, 05:59 PM   #1
ryanroux

Default Windows 10 - Displays not working through Dell D6000 and Dell WD19

Has 9.3 MO resolved anyone's issues? We are having very similar issues with all of our Dell Latitude 5500 laptops with Windows 10.

We have 24 of these Dell laptops. These laptops have a USB C port on them that has the DisplayLink logo above it. We have two different docking stations, Dell D6000 and WD19. We also use portable USB monitors. All of our monitors are HP, HP V14 and S140U. Both of these have the thin and wide USB 3 plug on them. If we install the DisplayLink software (I just tried 9.3 MO) neither the docking stations nor the monitors will work. Even after running the DiplayLink cleaner tool, cleaning the registry of everything DisplayLink and deleting any DisplayLink files or folders, docking stations nor the monitors work. I have tried both the USB C and "regular" USB ports.

If I have a clean install of Windows 10 completely updated or not, the monitors and the docking stations work perfectly through the USB C port without installing any drivers or DisplayLink software or drivers, as it should..

So, my question is this. On the computers that have had some flavor of the DisplayLink software installed, what do I need to do to get the DisplayLink software completely uninstalled?
ryanroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Ryan, and welcome,

Splitting to a new thread, you do not claim having any G-SYNC monitor, and 9.3 M0 has been confirmed to solve the G-SYNC issue by mutliple users.

The Dell WD19 does not feature DisplayLink technology.

DisplayLink product needs a driver. Software is what allow the technology to be universal: it doesn't require specific circuitry in the platform. So, when you don't install anything and plug the Dell D6000/HP V14/HP S140u, it will fetch its driver from WU, or your Windows image (laptop provider dependant). The driver is now so small, that it takes a few seconds to download, install and run.
I don't see how, technically, the HP V14 or HP S140u can work without a driver.
(Other products also need drivers, called Intel Thunderbold or Intel graphics, usually.)

I am concerned you might be installing an unsuitable DisplayLink driver on your Windows 10 machines.
Do you use the EXE, INF or MSI?
If the INF, which folder you select the INF from?
If the MSI, which filename?

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote