Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
chrome700

Default UD-3900 Stutters somewhat

I recently upgraded my primarily external monitor on my Windows laptop to a LG 39" Ultrawide, running 3440x1440. I bought a Pluggable UD-3900 to run my old monitor off of, it's 1920x1080.

I was expecting perhaps a little lag on the monitor running off the Pluggable unit, but the truth is BOTH monitors are experiencing that. Strangely enough I streamed the Super Bowl to my computer on the monitor running off the pluggable, and it played back perfectly.

I'd like to ultimately run a third external monitor off the Pluggable, but if using the device causes lag across ALL monitors it's not really an acceptable solution. If I'm just using the Pluggable as a Hub and audio out, with no monitor plugged into it I've got zero issues, and is in fact what I'm doing now. 3440x1440 ought to be enough for anyone, right? Of course not.....

Any thoughts?

Laptop is running W10, it's an i7, 12GB RAM, SSD.
chrome700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello,
We'd need log files to get a clearer picture.

We use the graphics card so it needs to be able to manage all these pixels...
USB 3 is more than comfortably able to run an HD screen, you can from USB2 with our technology. You would not see any lag playing video on that external HD monitor, provided the rest of the system is not on its knees on doing something else, of course.

Have a look at the task manager when you get this lag, please. You may see a bug we've identified and fixed in our upcoming release...

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #3
chrome700

Ok, I can do that.

I've had the monitor I've used on the Pluggable unit unplugged for a few days. I've had it back on for the last few minutes and nothing noticeable yet, if it comes back I'll follow your instructions.
chrome700 is offline   Reply With Quote