Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-18-2017, 05:28 AM   #1
jpaber

Default New Macbook Pro w Premier CC Playback Trouble

Hey guys, I cant seem to find an answer to this problem. I recently got a new Macbook Pro (2016 model) and I bought a cheap AOC USB monitor to create a mobile video editing station. I installed DisplayLink plugged monitor in and it works as far as displaying web browsers and most of my apps. The problem is that I want to use this monitor as my "Playback" screen when video editing in Premier Pro CC. If I try to set it as my Playback screen, AOC monitor just turns black, until I select another program and then it comes back on. My macbook screen is unaffected by this, just my AOC monitor. I tried this with Adobe After Effects, setting the playback to the AOC monitor and it works just fine. What am I missing in the "Playback" feature of Premier Pro?? My sequence setting is set to 1080 30p.

Some info I have read online suggest two issues
1. Some pixels of main screen were overhanging onto the external monitor screen. Already messed around with that and it doesnt fix anything.

2. Some people suggested a weird work around of moving Premier Pro to external Monitor screen then setting the playback monitor and then moving Premier back to main screen. Couldnt get this to work either.

Any advice would be helpful! Thank you

Last edited by jpaber; 02-18-2017 at 05:30 AM.
jpaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
jpaber

Default Semi Solution

work around solution provided by Adobe support is to change render setttings in Premier. File -> Project Settings -> General -> Change Renderer to "Software Only"
jpaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe, aoc usb monitor, playback, premier pro