Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
SpyderZ

Default Hangs on sleep & does not put monitors completely to sleep.

Mac Pro (mid 2009)
OS X 10.6.8
6 x LG Flatron L206WU Monitors (4 on DisplayLink)

Just installed the 1.7 Beta2 driver and ran into the following issues.

1) Machine will not to go sleep, it tries and hangs with the DisplayLink monitors still on, but black.

2) Attempting to put the screens to sleep, only the main graphics card monitors comply fully while the DisplayLink monitors only go blank, but are still on.

Everything was working on version 10.5 and ever since, these problems have existed. It would be nice if you could fix the sleep signal to make all of my monitors go to power saving true black(off) mode.

At least the monitors remember their proper position and alignment.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
displaylinker

yes i agree the sleep issue is critical. having to turn on and off a couple of dozen times a day is no fun.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderZ View Post
Mac Pro (mid 2009)
OS X 10.6.8
6 x LG Flatron L206WU Monitors (4 on DisplayLink)

Just installed the 1.7 Beta2 driver and ran into the following issues.

1) Machine will not to go sleep, it tries and hangs with the DisplayLink monitors still on, but black.

2) Attempting to put the screens to sleep, only the main graphics card monitors comply fully while the DisplayLink monitors only go blank, but are still on.

Everything was working on version 10.5 and ever since, these problems have existed. It would be nice if you could fix the sleep signal to make all of my monitors go to power saving true black(off) mode.

At least the monitors remember their proper position and alignment.
Could you please execute the system sleep/wakeup sequence, then the display sleep/wakeup sequence and at then later run the the debug tool as described here: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output?
Another useful information would be the output file of the following terminal command:
pmset -g assertionslog > pmassertions.log

Run it, then do the system sleep and wakeup sequence, stop it by pressing ctrl+c and post the pmassertion.log file created.
Thanks for your help
Old 07-22-2011, 05:25 AM   #4
marc@webescapade.net

Default dsplaylink installer 1.7 b2

I install the beta 2 and find the following problem
when you drag and drop the file or image will stick on the mouse and you have to restart finder to release the document.
In flash as some problem with the beta driver here is the following issue
when you drag a image it will duplicate every time you drag image and release
also the drawing as some funny behaviour but the most important think it look like it work fine but the dragin droping as some important isue.
I have a 2009 macbook pro 3.06 dual core withe the previous version of os was working all fine.
I how they will be a solution soon the product is great and I work a lots with my external screen using DisplayLink
Thanks.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc@webescapade.net View Post
I install the beta 2 and find the following problem
when you drag and drop the file or image will stick on the mouse and you have to restart finder to release the document.
In flash as some problem with the beta driver here is the following issue
when you drag a image it will duplicate every time you drag image and release
also the drawing as some funny behaviour but the most important think it look like it work fine but the dragin droping as some important isue.
I have a 2009 macbook pro 3.06 dual core withe the previous version of os was working all fine.
I how they will be a solution soon the product is great and I work a lots with my external screen using DisplayLink
Thanks.
Is your MacBook Pro equipped with both an nVidia 9400 and 9600? In this case, unfortunately, the issue seems to be on Apple's side. We do hope Apple will provide a fix soon.