Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
thacheese

Default hdcp in clone mode only?

so far I've tried 2 adapters, an hp 3005pr, and diamond dv100, and have not been able to play any protected content from the displaylink screen as an extended desktop. is this normal? clone mode isn't working out for me as my displays aren't the same resolution.

Last edited by thacheese; 09-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.
thacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
thacheese

upon further testing i'm finding the cyberlink compliance tool will pass the check in clone mode, but nothing will function. so i'm still not able to watch any protected content.

i've also noticed my ati drivers ignore the fact that the 2nd display is attached and only show the connected tv in the catalyst manager. is it possible there is a hdcp handshake between the adapter and monitor, but nothing is notifying the pc since it doesn't fully see the display? seems like there should be a virtual driver somewhere in the device manager to show as a fully valid connected display.

i will be testing the siig hdmi adapter tomorrow. ugh.

also all the usb 3.0 displaylink products i've tested lately have frozen, crashed, and reset many times a day. the diamond usb 2 hdmi adapter and hp usb 2 worked flawlessly (less hdcp support).
Attached Files
File Type: zip CHEESE8X1_20130908_155339.zip (1.61 MB, 7 views)

Last edited by thacheese; 09-08-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
thacheese

so this siig adapter doesn't want to put out picture at all period (siig pointed me to displaylink).

is anyone alive at displaylink, or do i need to start trying mct trigger chipset products?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Regarding response time to your message please see this page:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/index.php

What I need to know is:
What application are you trying to play protected content through?
What kind of protected content are you trying to play?

I'd advise using the latest WHQL signed version of your graphics driver. Beta versions have been know to show up such as those you describe.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
thacheese

i can't play blu ray (power dvd), amazon (browser), some itunes, or watch live tv in media center. if i run the cyberlink tool it says straight off digital screen, no hdcp support (brand new monitor certainly has it hp x2301)

everything attached to my native hdmi port works fine

the latest ati beta was done in response to this adapter not working with the latest regular , i am back to the standard drivers. at one point i even wiped my hdd with no software other than the bd playback checker, and displaylink, then again with the ati updated (non beta)

I understand you do not provide specific product support, but i have now tried multiple adapters from multiple vendors, and they all point the finger back here and offer no help(3100, 3500 and 3900 chips). i'm seriously getting a different adapter daily from amazon, but no hdcp.

also, you need more of a support team as all the driver issues go back to you guys. it seems many of these adapters are the same reference design with a diff mfr name screen printed on them. none of your partners are prepared to offer support for these devices other than replugging and reinstall drivers, i've had 2 mfr (diamond and siig) say it was either defective, or a displaylink issue.

Last edited by thacheese; 09-10-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
thacheese

I'm just looking for a straight these do, or do not support hdcp answer (your vendors mostly don't even know). even an adapter recommendation would be helpful. or just it's a driver issue, and i should wait for update.

Last edited by thacheese; 09-11-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
thacheese

Thumbs down

just tested the siig JU-H20211-S1... still no protected playback.
this was recommended by them to support hdcp. it looks and seems to be the exact same device as the diamond dv100.

again. called support. again finger pointed back here.

same story. unplug, replug, uninstall, cleanup, reinstall, replug, "oh maybe its defective because it should work. maybe try contacting displaylink"

here's the list of (3x chipset) devices which i've tried to date:

diamond dv100
hp 3005pr
siig CE-H20W12-S1
siig JU-H20211-S1

pretty much hit a dead end here, and going back to a vga cable.
if it makes you feel better the trigger products while differently partially working aren't functional either (and are much slower and laggy).

all this because amazon switched to silverlight. ugh.

good luck with driver development.

Last edited by thacheese; 09-14-2013 at 05:01 AM.