Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
checkyourmirrors

Default Primary Monitor Choice?

I have a MBP 13" Retina running 10.9.4 and I got a Diamond Wireless adapter and am using DisplayLink for that. The Diamond is my "secondary" monitor meaning that I only occasionally want to show a presentation on it in my office. Given that I ran into some questions I am hoping I can get answered:

1) The DisplayLink is primary and not my external Viewsonic. Can I have the ViewSonic be primary?

2) The mouse appears sluggish even on the ViewSonic (not wireless) and is this a result of it being secondary or the DisplayLink driver?

3) Can I "turn off" the Diamond wireless "monitor" meaning if I can get the ViewSonic to be primary, I would not mirror the display so that my screen isn't normally being shown on the wall display?
checkyourmirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

For instructions about how to arrange your desktop please refer to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5019
and
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13814 (most information applies to earlier OSes as well)

About the mouse responsiveness you can try uninstalling the DL drivers to exclude a possible cause. Also, since you have a wireless screen you have likely installed some third party wireless software (not made by DL).
I'd also check the CPU usage in activity monitor, other applications running, if the problem happens only with specific SW etc.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote