Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 05-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
thesqueaky

Exclamation Mouse Lag when Laptop Closed

Hi Everyone.

Here is the issue we are experiencing:

We have 2 HP EliteDisplay S231d at every workstation (roughly 950 workstations, so roughly 1900 monitors total).

Customer is using a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 7 x64 Enterprise and has DisplayLink 8.2M1 drivers installed.

They use the USB 3.0 port on the left side of the laptop to connect to the two monitors (the left monitor hooks up directly to the laptop, whereas the monitor on the right is hooked up through the USB hub on the left monitor, power is independent - no other USB devices hooked to the monitors), and on the right side of the laptop, a Logitech Unifying USB Receiver for their keyboard and mouse.

I have a customer that when she closes the lid on the laptop, the mouse and keyboard start showing a lag of about 10 to 15 seconds.

We've updated the USB drivers, the graphics driver (just for fun), Intel chipset drivers. We've reinstalled the DisplayLink drivers and even rolled them back to a previous version. No CPU usage (when we can finally get into task manager) from anything out of the ordinary. No other software running, no other conflicts. Replaced the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse and dongle. No change.

This is the first time we've seen this reported out of the thousand or so users that are using DisplayLink. Plenty of other issues, but that's for a different time.

She just received this machine 2 weeks ago, freshly imaged. All the USB ports test good, and it's happening on more than one set on monitors (not isolated to just one pair).

Anyone have any ideas?
thesqueaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:21 PM   #2
i2000s

I have a similar issue with wireless mouse and keyboard. So, for now, I am using a wired mouse connected to the Displaylink hub. Hopefully, this can be fixed.
i2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Squeaky,
What Windows 10 image are you using? It sounds like build 10240, v1507 which has got a bug which was corrected by the September 2016 patch.

Hello i2k,
If the impact is only on the wireless, then it's likely to be interference between USB2.0 and 2.4 GHz wireless desktop signals.
Should you just put the receiver not in very close proximity to the USB 3.0 dock cable, or use better cables, then the issue would not appear.
DisplayLink driver or chip has no control or even visibility of your keyboard or mouse signal (whether wired or wireless). When connected to a dock, like the DisplayLink chip, the receiver is connected to an internal USB hub which sends the signals to the PC USB host controller. Neither the host controller or the USB hub are from DisplayLink as we don't do either. That's why the wireless interference is the most likely, and not uncommon, scenario.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote