Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application

Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
aled

Default Cannot install windows driver

I have a Dell Inspiron 510m laptop, running XP 32 bit. I downloaded the Windows iPad display driver, but it gives the error:
Before installing DisplayLink Core software and drivers, please install up-to-date OEM drivers for your PC's graphics hardware. Please refer to the DisplayLink Core documentation for further information
Its not clear if this is a fatal error, or just some useful information. However the installer exits immediately after, and I can't see any new drivers on the laptop, so I'm guessing a fatal error. I then downloaded the latest driver from Dell; while installing it gives the message:
The system currently contains driver version 6.14.10.4396, which is newer than ther version you are about to install. Are you sure you want to overwrite the current dirver with the oder version 6.14.10.4363
I can't see any documentation to help me - what should I do to make it work?

Aled
Old 03-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

Hi aled,

There is an FAQ in our knowledgebase which shows the problem symptoms and solutions. Please refer to it and see if it helps in anyway.

Regards