Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release

Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
SpyderZ

Angry Latest Stable 1.5 Mac Driver = FAIL

I am running two LG L206WU monitors on a graphics card and four monitors using DisplayLink and see no difference in this new "stable" release.

- Monitors do not go to power save off when SHIFT+CTRL+EJECT
- Computer locks on hibernate using Option+Command+EJECT
- Computer takes forever to shutdown
- Monitor arrangement messed up after system shutdown restart.

Nothing was fixed in this release. I just wasted my time upgrading.

I am very disappointed and let down.

I think I'm done with this technology now. I'm going to order two graphics cards this afternoon and never look back.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
legege

Angry

It's even worst. Computer doesn't wake up from sleep, and the workaround no longer work.....

FAILURE.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #3
SpyderZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by legege View Post
It's even worst. Computer doesn't wake up from sleep, and the workaround no longer work.....

FAILURE.

I feel your pain...

I'm done with DisplayLink...feel royally suckered for going with this technology.

That's also the end to using LG monitors, they don't back up the consumer either in this issue.

I guess Display Port will be the champion in race for new interface for this type of configuration. I have to order two more display cards for my computer to junk Display link, there goes another $500. Seriously!!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
giesen

Despite all the bad posts these devices have gotten, I went ahead and bought one (VillageTronic ViBook Plus, DL-195-based in case you're wondering). I have to say I'm actually rather impressed. Granted, I haven't had enough seat time with it to really see all the nitty gritty, but but based on first impressions, the responsiveness is quite good, plays Youtube videos just fine (a little stuttery in fullscreen, but still very watchable), and had no issues so far on my Mac Mini. I think DisplayLink will have a real hit on their hands once they sort out some of the suspend issues, and the USB 3.0 version comes along (along with USB 3.0 Macs).

Tags
fail, l206wu