Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
TxHR

Default No Monitors/Video Windows 10

Hello,

I have a Targus ACP70USZ and for the life of me I can't get video to display on my dual monitor setup. I have installed/uninstalled and ran the cleaner for the DisplayLink software. The software appears in my task tray and I encounter zero errors. I have my monitors connected via HDMI and another DVI. I am running the software on a SurfacePro 3 and the USB 3.0 is connected to the DisplayLink using the supplied cable. I attempted to contact Targus, but that is a joke. Their live chat shows open but won't connect. After 40 minutes on hold for tech support, their phone system hangs-up on you. While I am very tech savy this device has me perplexed. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

My SurfacePro has been updated with the latest Windows update and the DisplayLink software manager is version 8.2.2152.0

Thanks in advance,

Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: zip SURFACEPRO3_20170703_123713.zip (696.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by TxHR; 07-03-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Attach Log for Support
TxHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Brandon,

I don't see any hardware connected in Device Manager with DisplayLink technology.
This means the device has not enumerated on the USB, which takes place before Windows can decide which driver to assign to it.
The last USB enumeration failure (Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)) was on 9th June 2017, it seems. At that stage it had started enumeration but failed.

Would you please try to connect your Targus ACP70 via a USB 2.0 cable?
Can you check the power of the dock as well?

It looks like the cleaner was used, so I don't have any DisplayLink logs from before the issue and, as the device doesn't appear in Device Manager, the DisplayLink driver has not been running since, so I only have general Windows logs.
Setupapi.dev.log shows the driver was added to the Windows driver store successfully so the installation worked, as you observed.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:49 PM   #3
TxHR

I have installed the USB 2.0 cable and also connected a USB keyboard and mouse. Both keyboard and mouse are functioning properly through the dock (using USB 2.0 and 3.0 cables). The problem solely lies with the monitors. One monitor is connected to the HDMI slot of the dock and the other to the DVI port. Neither monitor displays an image. When I select 'extend' in display settings, nothing happens. Furthermore, when when I select 'detect display' Windows says "didn't detect another display".
TxHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

What about the network and audio?
All these interfaces seem missing from Device Manager: DevManView.html shows nothing called Targus or DisplayLink.

The dock includes a USB hub on which is plugged your keyboard, mouse and a DisplayLink chip.
As there is no DisplayLink chip seen by Windows, this doesn't seem like something we can address on the host.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote