Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.8 Release

Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Schnuder

Exclamation Mountain Lion and KVM Problems

I am running the v1.8 DisplayLink on my MacBook with OS X 10.8.2 which I use with the lid closed connected to two external primary external DVI monitors through a Dual DVI KVM switch. The first external monitor is connected via an Apple DVI to MiniDisplayPort adapter, and the second via the DisplayLink driven IOGEAR USB 2.0 External DVI Video Card (GUC2020DW6).

When I switch from my MacBook to my secondary computer and then back, the first display (MiniDisplayPort) works, but the second display (DisplayLink) is black, or both displays are black and the computer non-responsive (requiring a hard-reboot).

Any idea what is causing this?

My relevant specifications are below. Let me know what other information would be helpful.

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
Displays DELL 2001FP 1600 x 1200 (both are the same model)

IOGEAR External DVI:
Product ID: 0x0059
Vendor ID: 0x17e9 (DisplayLink (UK) Ltd.)
Version: 1.02
Serial Number: 130393
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: DisplayLink
Location ID: 0x26200000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
defilm

Default Same problem

I am having the same problem exactly. However my main display is via the Thunderbolt port, the second is via a GUC2020DW6, and since loading the latest DIsplaylink driver I am having Display issues eg. Boot up and there is no login on the two displays. (open the MBP cover adds a 3rd display, but still not login prompt anywhere that is visible, but it is somewhere. Displays are all perfectly "grey". The only way out is to power off.

I have also noticed, with no other changes except adding the new displaylink driver, console has multiple "Displaylink Crash" diagnostic reports, and often the system hangs and will not shut down. Have to power off.

This is really a problem because it can do filesystem damage. Twice I have had to boot from USB from lion to get to the disk utility and run a clean of the filesystem on boot drive unmounted.

I wouldn't even mind spending another $150 for two newer USB to DVI converters if I knew they worked under Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion....
(Checked I/O Gears site, and they list a 1.7 driver only for up to 10.6! Talk about being behind!! Two full Mac OS X revisions. Clearly there are issues with 10.8 and the driver for the GUC2020DW6. As I said, I will take a solution recommendation that requires I buy another pair that runs on 10.8..

Thanks