Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-07-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
gav612

Default DisplayLink Service is not showing up

Hi,

I'm trying to output to two displays. Both Displays are Dell and the laptop itself is Dell. So far I've only been ever able to output to one display at a time, not two.

I'm following the troubleshooting steps listed at the pinned post in the top of the forum.

The first bullet says to Check DisplayLink software is installed. I've done that and it is installed.

The second bullet talks about checking the DisplayLinkManager service. I'm not seeing that service or anything named like that in the services window.

I've tried many other troubleshooting steps, including a using different USB cable, using a different USB port, removing and reinstalling the drivers multiple times. I'm not using a USB bus or splitter of any kind. I feel like it's important to get the DisplayLinkManager service running but I don't know how to do that if it's not even listed as an option. Any ideas?

Thank You.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GREYDESIGN_20170707_154039.zip (1.95 MB, 2 views)
gav612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
James C
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hi gav612,

I can see from your logs that you do have the correct drivers installed. Also, the DisplayLinkService does not run on Windows 10 RS1 onward due to changes in the driver architecture.

Can you please confirm the model of the dock and that you are using 2x P2415Q screens? As mentioned in this article, the dock you are using may only be capable of resolutions below 2048x1152 if a second display is connected, do you still have the issue if you set the resolution on the 1st screen to 1920x1080?

If you require support for higher resolutions, we would recommend upgrading to a dock that contains our latest DL-6950 chipset, this will allow you to output dual 4K@60Hz

Kind regards,
James
James C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:56 PM   #3
gav612

The Dock Model is the Unitek USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station. Model Y-3704.

Yes, I can confirm I'm using 2x P2415Q screens from Dell

Yes I'm still having having the issue if I set the resolution on the 1st screen to 1920x1080. I tried multiple resolutions and I have never been able to get the 2nd monitor to display anything at all. And just to be clear - I know both monitors do work because I can switch cables and have each one work by itself in isolation. I just can't get them to both work at the same time.

I would like if possible to get the 2 monitors working at the same time even if it's at 1920x1080.

Do you have any other suggestions for how to make that work with the existing Docking Station I have? I updated another support package that should show me trying at the lower resolutions if that helps.

Thank you and kind regards,

Brendan
Attached Files
File Type: zip GREYDESIGN_20170710_104800.zip (2.78 MB, 1 views)
gav612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

It sounds like you probably have already checked this, but just in case...

Can you to double-check within the Display Settings application (available via right-clicking on an empty space of your desktop), under the 'Multiple displays' section, that each monitor is set as an Extension of your desktop? (you will have to click on each monitor number to check the setting for each one).

In other words, we don't want Windows marking any of them as 'Disconnected' (Windows 10 seems to do this on its own from time to time).
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
James C
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hi gav612,

I'd like you to confirm that the display is actually being set at the monitor level. please press the info button on the monitor and it should tell you what resolution is being input into the monitor, Windows 10 doesn't handle resolution setting very well. You may need to change it in "list all modes" in display adapter properties under advanced display settings for it to set properly.

Kind regards,
James
James C is offline   Reply With Quote