Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.8 Release

Old 03-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
soundog

Default Rotation Not Working

I deinstalled the old DisplayLink driver, and reinstalled the alpha 1.8 release in the hopes of getting rotation to work with my DoubleSight DS-90U monitor. It is connected to a Mac Mini Server running Lion OSX 10.7.3.

With the monitor connected as either a primary or secondary display, I get no options for screen rotation in Display Preferences. The only thing shown is the default "1024 X 600". I have also tried holding Cmd+Option and clicking Display, as others have mentioned here, but this does not help.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
ChristianP

Just to be sure, have you completely quit the System Preferences application and reopened it, before pressing the Cmd-Option keys on the Display icon? You need to use the cmd-option keys the first time you open the Display panel, otherwise it doesn't work. Which Mac model are you using? Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
soundog

Christian --

My mistake! I was Cmd-Opt-clicking the "Display" tab within the "Displays" selection in the Preferences menu, thinking that was the procedure. It is working correctly now after Cmd-Opt-clicking the "Displays" icon.

Thanks very much.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
sigtrap

Default could't get rotation w/o 3rd party program

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundog View Post
Christian --

My mistake! I was Cmd-Opt-clicking the "Display" tab within the "Displays" selection in the Preferences menu, thinking that was the procedure. It is working correctly now after Cmd-Opt-clicking the "Displays" icon.

Thanks very much.
I have been trying to cmd-opt click my way to nirvanna and it has not happened. I downloaded http://www.magesw.com/displayrotation/ and was able to rotate on of my HP LP2465.

I am on
  • 13-inch, Mid 2009
  • Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
  • Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)

With 2! 24" HP LP2465 monitors rotated into portrait. Only one of them is on a diamond BVU195.

Playing a vimeo video on the displaylink monitor ...