Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
displaylinker

Default Movist app doesn't work with 1.6Beta3

I have a IOGEAR USB DisplayLink device that connects to MacBook Pro 17". When connected, a Mac application called "Movist" couldn't open .mov files.

However, once I set Movist to decode using ffmpeg, then Movist can open .mov files fine on the main screen. But the variable play speed is still not working.

The only way to resolve this is to unplug the USB Display Link card. What can I try to improve this situation?

I'm not sure if it worked in previous versions.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
displaylinker

May I add that even if I turned off the displayLink screen, the same problem persists.

The only way to resolve it is to unplug DisplayLink card altogether, then the Movist app returns to normal.

Is it possible to fix this? I rely on the Movist app on a daily basis to read/study tutorials, and can't use it without the variable speed function.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
displaylinker

Could anyone with any DL-165 display link adapter install the Movist app on your Mac available here http://www.macupdate.com/download/27...ist_v0.6.8.zip to test if the problem exists on your card too?

Once you have installed it, just run any .avi or .mov files at default settings, no need to drag the Movist window to the external DisplayLink monitor. At this point, you either get an error message as I have indicated above or it plays successfully. If it plays, then go to the Menu bar and find "Control > Play Speed Faster or Slower" to see if the movie responds to the control.

I need help determining if the problem lies with my IOGEAR cards or the displaylink beta driver. Thanks so much for reading and the help!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
dcoulson

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinker View Post
Could anyone with any DL-165 display link adapter install the Movist app on your Mac available here http://www.macupdate.com/download/27...ist_v0.6.8.zip to test if the problem exists on your card too?
Works fine for me on native displays, but just shows a white window on the DL display. I guess it's using Quartz or something for rendering that isn't supported on DL.

VLC works fine on all my displays.