Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
tonyj

Default Update on dual monitors for 10.9? any news?

Hi,

As I understand it, the reason I can't use more than one monitor with my Displaylink device is because of a bug in OSX 10.9, so the ball is in Apple's court to fix this, rather than in Displaylink's?

In which case you have my sympathy, but I was wondering if you have any updates for us? Do you think this will be resolved in 10.9.4 or will we have to wait for 10.10? Is it possible it might not be fixed?

Thanks in advance!
tonyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj View Post
Hi,

As I understand it, the reason I can't use more than one monitor with my Displaylink device is because of a bug in OSX 10.9, so the ball is in Apple's court to fix this, rather than in Displaylink's?

In which case you have my sympathy, but I was wondering if you have any updates for us? Do you think this will be resolved in 10.9.4 or will we have to wait for 10.10? Is it possible it might not be fixed?

Thanks in advance!
The latest pre-release 10.9.4 and 10.10 still have the multiple screen issue.
However, it seems that Apple has fixed the Dock corruption issue in 10.9.4 so there is some progress.

Also, there is a new OS and in the coming months we'll check if it enables new workarounds for this or other issues. With every challenge comes an opportunity...

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
tonyj

Thanks for the response! It must be frustrating to have this outside your control.

Out of interest, does this problem only happen if I try to connect two monitors to a single displaylink device (I have a Toshiba Dynabook with two outputs). If I bought a second displaylink device and attached it to my second USB port, would that give me another screen? Anyone tried this?
tonyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
kenniki

I'm actually able to run two DisplayLink displays (seperate adapters) without any problems other than it forgetting the display arrangement if I un/replug it or reboot.
kenniki is offline   Reply With Quote