Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 06-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
paraplexed

Default XPS 9350 Ubuntu 16.04 - 1.1.68 - Delayed keyboard input

I was able to get dual monitors working with my display link adapter, however whenever I enable 2 monitors the keyboard input starts becoming delayed. I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

If I type "asdf", only "asd" has been typed, however waiting about ~1 second the last character shows up. What's strange is the keyboard delay seems to be shortened or something as soon as I type another key. For example if I type "asdfg", "asdf" will show up immediately, but the g is delayed.

I can't seem to figure out what is going on,, but I've attached some logs in case someone can take a look and give me some more information.

This is incredibly hard to work with, so if anyone has some suggestions I'm up for trying anything. Also I should mention I plugged the keyboard directly into the laptop bypassing the adapter and it still has the issue, however the issue only happens when both monitors are enabled.

I should also mention, I also got a crash with the drivers (it killed both monitors right before I ran the logging tool), I was able to easily just xrandr them back up, my main concern here is the delayed keyboard input, rather than the crash (though if someone knows how to fix it or it's related, I'd be more than happy to look further into it).

Edit: There's a typo in the title, I'm actually using 1.1.62 not 68.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dclifford-XPS-13-9350_2016-06-27T10:18:50.030663.zip (236.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by paraplexed; 06-28-2016 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Clarifying typo in title
paraplexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #2
samjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraplexed View Post
I was able to get dual monitors working with my display link adapter, however whenever I enable 2 monitors the keyboard input starts becoming delayed. I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

If I type "asdf", only "asd" has been typed, however waiting about ~1 second the last character shows up. What's strange is the keyboard delay seems to be shortened or something as soon as I type another key. For example if I type "asdfg", "asdf" will show up immediately, but the g is delayed.

I can't seem to figure out what is going on,, but I've attached some logs in case someone can take a look and give me some more information.

This is incredibly hard to work with, so if anyone has some suggestions I'm up for trying anything. Also I should mention I plugged the keyboard directly into the laptop bypassing the adapter and it still has the issue, however the issue only happens when both monitors are enabled.

I should also mention, I also got a crash with the drivers (it killed both monitors right before I ran the logging tool), I was able to easily just xrandr them back up, my main concern here is the delayed keyboard input, rather than the crash (though if someone knows how to fix it or it's related, I'd be more than happy to look further into it).

Edit: There's a typo in the title, I'm actually using 1.1.62 not 68.
I've been getting that using UDLFB (the old driver) in the ESXi virtual linux machine.

When it occurs it is generally in the browser and the only fix is to restart the browser.
samjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
paraplexed

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjam View Post
When it occurs it is generally in the browser and the only fix is to restart the browser.
Unfortunately in my case it's everywhere (terminals, browsers, gedit, etc.). I haven't been able to find anything that helps with the problem.

I'm wondering if it's something with LUbuntu 16.04 that I'm using. I'm going to be trying an install of regular Ubuntu 16.04 and installing the drivers to see if that helps at all.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #4
upwelling

I cannot even get the hdmi port to work on xps 13 9350 running ubuntu 16.04. The vga port works fine. What else did you do to make the hdmi work? Thanks.
upwelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #5
paraplexed

Quote:
Originally Posted by upwelling View Post
I cannot even get the hdmi port to work on xps 13 9350 running ubuntu 16.04. The vga port works fine. What else did you do to make the hdmi work? Thanks.
Mine doesn't even have a vga or hdmi port on the machine itself, which is why I'm using the displaylink adapter. I only have a USB-C port that I can plug into. It's the late 2015 version of the xps 13