Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
Robert Deane

Default Mainstage 'quits unexpectedly' with USB monitor

Hi. I received an ASUS MB169B+ USB monitor yesterday for my Mac Mini (2012, 2.3Ghz i7, 16GB RAM, running Sierra 10.12.4). I've installed Display Link driver MacOSX_V2.4.

The monitor seems to work well with one exception. When running Apple MainStage 3.3, MainStage crashes ('quits unexpectedly') when opening a concert, just after the plug-ins have been loaded. I've reinstalled MainStage from scratch, tried it with different concerts and settings and used another cable, but it still crashes.

The problem doesn't happen when I connect a second monitor to the Mac Mini via the mini display port. And once a concert is opened with the second monitor connected, I can disconnect that monitor and continue using MainStage with the ASUS USB monitor. So its only opening a new concert with the USB monitor on its own that's the problem. I'm assuming its an issue with the monitor driver. Any suggestions?

Robert
Robert Deane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
mattyhpf

Hey Robert,

I started having the same issue with my Mac Mini after updating to Mainstage 3.3 last month. Starting Mainstage with a monitor connected to the mini Displayport works fine. Starting Mainstage with just the USB DisplayLink monitor connected (MB168B) causes the "quit unexepectedly" error. I updated to the latest DisplayLink driver which did not fix it.

This was not the case when I was running Mainstage 3.2.4, which started up fine with just the MB168B plugged in. I reverted back to 3.2.4 (I luckily had a back up) and Mainstage again starts with no problem.

Not sure what could have happened with Mainstage in the update to 3.3, but that seems to be the issue.

-Matt
mattyhpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
Robert Deane

Thanks Matt.
Good to know its not something I'm doing wrong. Sounds like a bug in MainStage 3.3 which I'll report to Apple. Now, let me see if I can resurrect MainStage 3.2 from TimeMachine ...
Robert
Robert Deane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #4
rburgm

Default Same issue, also with latest updates

I´m having the same issue with my Mac-Mini in combination with USB monitor ASUS MB169+
I did install the latest OS update on my Mac-mini.
Also there is a new display driver released in May 2017

Unfortunately the crash still occurs in the same matter as described in previous posts.

Anyone already making progress in resolving this issue?

I also did contact Apple support. They advie me to both contact manufacturer and displaylink support.
rburgm is offline   Reply With Quote