Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2014, 03:29 AM   #1
nakedespresso

Default Displaylink not playing well with docking station

Hello,
I have a lenovo T430 docked and connected via DVI to an external monitor.

It used to dock and undock fine, always keeping my laptop at it's proper resolution, 1600x900.

However, I got an AOC usb monitor, and installed the display link adapter, and now if I ever dock/undock or restart, my resolution gets screwed up, and my computer is painfully slow until I get it back right (it can take me up to 10 minutes to get me computer to respond enough to minimize windows so I can click on the desktop and set it).

Sometimes, only my laptop appears at a very low resolution, 1280x800, and won't even allow me the option of going back to 1600x900 unless I do extended desktop (even if no other monitors are connected).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
nakedespresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedespresso View Post
Hello,
I have a lenovo T430 docked and connected via DVI to an external monitor.

It used to dock and undock fine, always keeping my laptop at it's proper resolution, 1600x900.
Hi, How is the monitor connected to your notebook?

Quote:
However, I got an AOC usb monitor, and installed the display link adapter, and now if I ever dock/undock or restart, my resolution gets screwed up, and my computer is painfully slow until I get it back right (it can take me up to 10 minutes to get me computer to respond enough to minimize windows so I can click on the desktop and set it).

Sometimes, only my laptop appears at a very low resolution, 1280x800, and won't even allow me the option of going back to 1600x900 unless I do extended desktop (even if no other monitors are connected).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Do you have the AOC USB monitor attached in addition to the other monitor or instead of?

Can you attach the logs from this tool?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
nakedespresso

Default f/u info

Hi,
The monitor is connected to the docking station, but I've seen the same behavior when attached directly to my laptop's usb port. I am still using the DVI monitor as well, so I have three screens, the lenovo laptop screen, my dvi monitor, and my usb monitor.

I've attached the log, which I ran while the monitor was in the wrong resolution.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip WORKLAPTOP_20140627_084507.zip (1.06 MB, 1 views)
nakedespresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

It's possible that the graphics card utilities are changing the layout when you hotplug / reboot the PC.

To verify this can you download this tool and try disabling the Intel & Nvidia utilities to see if this is the cause for your issue?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=178

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote