Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
kingwilly811

Default Re-connecting monitor

Recently one of my monitors continually re-connects or resets the monitor. Briefly a blank/black screen will appear and once it comes back all of my apps have moved or minimized. Happens probably every 15-30 seconds while working on that monitor. I have an identical monitor as my primary that is not impacted. This was not happening prior to the Feb release. Any advice on how to troubleshoot on my end? Any help is greatly appreciated.
kingwilly811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwilly811 View Post
Recently one of my monitors continually re-connects or resets the monitor. Briefly a blank/black screen will appear and once it comes back all of my apps have moved or minimized. Happens probably every 15-30 seconds while working on that monitor. I have an identical monitor as my primary that is not impacted. This was not happening prior to the Feb release. Any advice on how to troubleshoot on my end? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi,

The first thing is to follow the instructions to collect the DisplayLink logs: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...to-displaylink

Then as soon as you have collected the logs file I'd install the older 2.6 release to check if it's a SW issue.
You'll first have to uninstall using the uninstaller on the disk image, then install the older release (just quit the uninstaller at the end of the uninstallation if you don't want to have an extra reboot).

Then I'd continue following the instructions and raise a support ticket with us, including the logs you have collected earlier and the result of the experiment with the earlier driver.

Kind regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #3
phrogg

Do as Carlo suggested and pull the logs. But what machine are you on? I have a 2015 Macbook and it has the same issue that seems to be an issue with the Mac hardware itself. Sometimes I can go for many hours without issue, other times I cannot even work for hours unless I just pull the 2nd monitor. In my case, its the USB3.0 bus dropping on my HDMI/AV adaptor connected. It resets, then it comes back, then it comes back on.

Some suggestions were to run some sort of USB 2.0 cable between the macbook and the adaptor but I've not found anything that seems to fix this issue. I've just stopped using my Displaylink devices at this point.
phrogg is offline   Reply With Quote