Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #1
taoizt

Default Windows 10 Anniversary update and Displaylink

Hello,

I've been using Displaylink software for a while now (since 2015) for connecting my Dell XPS 13 to 2 monitors (with a Dell display dock).

All has been working fine, but since the new Anniversary Update of Windows 10, i've been getting really irritating glitches on the screen (parts of the screen not refreshing) and slow graphical performance.

For instance the site 'silktricky.com' becomes unbearably slow to download and view. First i thought it was a graphics driver or Dell XPS 13 problem, but all is updated to the most recent version, also the Displaylink drivers.

Colleagues of mine working with Windows 8.1 don't have these issues and in the past with the previous edition of Windows 10 i also didn't have issues.

The mentioned 'silktricky.com' website is running flawlessly on their pc and the difference in speed is huge, a factor 5-10 times as fast.

Any ideas?

The issues turn op several times a day, sometimes constantly so that working on my laptop because unbearable

Thanks in advance,
Ron
taoizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:53 AM   #2
ashwinch

Default DisplayLink 8.1M0 and Windows Update KB3213986 (OS Build 14393.693)

I didn't have issues after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, but I had very similar annoying issues after a recent Windows update KB3213986. My notification tray wouldn't load instantly, pretty much every Windows settings window would not load unless I pressed the Show Desktop button twice, typing in any text field (browsers, File Explorer, etc.) would be very laggy, etc. etc. After a few stressful hours of troubleshooting (not even considering it may be related to DisplayLink) this is what resolved my issues a few minutes ago:

1. Download and manually install Windows Update KB3213986 from an elevated command prompt. Download link at http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....px?q=KB3213986
2. Reinstalled the latest driver for my graphics card (Nvidia GTX 970)
3. Installed DisplayLink 8.1M0 (I was previously on 7.7M4 without issues until today)

My issues went away immediately, and the resolution persisted after a restart. Hopefully this helps you!
ashwinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
soluware_jb

Hello,
I have the same problème with the same PC.

Do you have a solution?

Best regard
soluware_jb is offline   Reply With Quote