Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Kas

Default Lion DisplayLink Problems

I have been using my BVU 195 with beta 4 for about a week now and have noticed a few problems:

1) Slow Performance
Although I have not used the adapter with 10.6, rearranging windows and dragging the mouse around produces a noticeable lag. I am not sure if this is a technological limitation, but it does not live up to the "butter smooth" reviews I have been reading.

2) Display In and Out of Sleep
My adapter is connected to a Dell U2311HM monitor via DVI. After putting my computer to sleep, the main display will turn off while the secondary will sleep then turn on for a few seconds, then turn off, then on, etc.. forever. When its on the screen mentions that it discovered a video source via DVI. I have tested this monitor connected directly to the laptop and it sleeps perfectly.

3) Negative/Weird Colors
After disconnecting the laptop from the monitor, some images on the screen will be unreadable. This includes widgets, drop down menu items and programs including Fire Fox and Outlook. A reset will take care of the problem. It does not always appear, but has occurred a few times so far.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas View Post
I have been using my BVU 195 with beta 4 for about a week now and have noticed a few problems:

1) Slow Performance
Although I have not used the adapter with 10.6, rearranging windows and dragging the mouse around produces a noticeable lag. I am not sure if this is a technological limitation, but it does not live up to the "butter smooth" reviews I have been reading.
Due to an architectural change in the OS, the driver performance in Lion is slower than in 10.6, but we are working on improving performance.

Quote:
2) Display In and Out of Sleep
My adapter is connected to a Dell U2311HM monitor via DVI. After putting my computer to sleep, the main display will turn off while the secondary will sleep then turn on for a few seconds, then turn off, then on, etc.. forever. When its on the screen mentions that it discovered a video source via DVI. I have tested this monitor connected directly to the laptop and it sleeps perfectly.
Do you put the laptop to sleep closing the lid or selecting the sleep action from the apple menu? Could you please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269, switch the verbosity to DEBUG (unplug and re-plug the DisplayLink adapter), put the display to sleep (for 2/3 on/off cycles) and collect the logs? Thanks

Quote:
3) Negative/Weird Colors
After disconnecting the laptop from the monitor, some images on the screen will be unreadable. This includes widgets, drop down menu items and programs including Fire Fox and Outlook. A reset will take care of the problem. It does not always appear, but has occurred a few times so far.
Unfortunately this is not a known issue. If it happens again, could you please grab a photo of the weird screen? Thanks
Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Kas

2) Only the display is put to sleep using a Hot Corner. The computer remains on, but all attached screens (except the Display Link) go dark. Ill get the debug info soon.

3) Image:
Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
Kas

Hopefully this works. I put the display to sleep a few seconds after turning the logger on.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (313.3 KB, 943 views)
Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
ChristianP

Quote:
Hopefully this works. I put the display to sleep a few seconds after turning the logger on.
Thanks for the logs and the image. Unfortunately from the logs it seems that the DEBUG verbosity is not on. Did you unplug and re-plug the adapter after switching the log verbosity? Could you please try to grab the log again? Thanks
Old 11-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
Kas

Lets give this a shot. Display was put to sleep about 2 seconds in then woken up after.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (3.72 MB, 905 views)
Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
Kas

Regarding the negative image issue,
It seems that any windows which were OPEN before the laptop is connected to the adapter will have the issue. Any windows minimized and in the dock will be ok once reopened.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
ChristianP

Thanks for the new logs and the new report. We are going to investigate the issue. I let you know.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #9
philip

Default Try resetting your PRAM

Quote:
2) Only the display is put to sleep using a Hot Corner. The computer remains on, but all attached screens (except the Display Link) go dark. Ill get the debug info soon.

3) Image:
Resetting PRAM and NVRAM
Shut down the computer.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
Turn on the computer.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
Release the keys.

PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Last edited by philip; 11-09-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #10
Jesse W

I am also experiencing the same problem (#2) where the monitor is not powering off at display sleep and gets stuck going in and out of power save mode. I'm running 1.7b5 on Lion 10.7.2. I've used the debug tool to collect some logs while the display was attempting to sleep. Hope this issue gets patched soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (368.6 KB, 822 views)